Terraria Free-For-All

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

RMZ
King Slime

Terraria Free-For-All

Post by RMZ »

Bacon approached me and said Spoonweaver said he and I should team up for something we could stream together and I got to thinking about that. A few of us have been playing Terraria for the past month pretty hardcore. I saw some videos the other day about people that did a manhunt in Terraria and I thought we could do better. So I ran the idea by Bacon and Ravan and this is what I came up with.

We start a brand new medium world. You can come in with any tools you want but no weapons. Exceptions are, you cannot bring ore or bars used to forge weapons. All weapons and ore for them must be obtained in the free-for-all to give everybody a fighting chance. Before the blood bath can commence, everybody gets two hours to claim their part of the world before Player vs Player is enabled in the hopes of building a fortress or securing their location. All players will carry a giant gem, and the goal of the free-for-all is to be the player with all of them. The person that gets all the giant gems from all of the players wins the game.

Bacon and I would both stream to our respective Twitch accounts, so watching the event from different perspectives would be pretty fun for everybody we think.

So far, it's Ravan, myself and Bacon that are interested. If you are interested in this, because it's kind of a long session game, it's probably best to schedule a date for anyone who wants to play (I've seen my Steam friends list, and some of you have logged more hours than Bacon, looking at you PepsiRanger). Unless it's a huge issue for anybody, let's shoot for Saturday April 10th at 8 PM EST.

Also, we play together at least a couple times a week on Steam if you just want to come hang out casually. If you add me as a friend on Steam (Friend Code: 378648218) and join, the password is always slime to join. We do silly stuff and just goof off. Last night we did serious business.
[yt]GvVjvfUCsBM[/yt]

Join our Free-For-All or just come hang out. Ravan shoots bees at me and everybody laughs.
Last edited by RMZ on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

My exact suggestion was to join together in a community twitch stream to combine your content to optimize potential for subscribers.
It's done fairly often and produces what seem to be good results.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

I've been too busy to get sucked into Terraria lately, but yeah, I got some hours into it over the years. There's another thread on here called "Terraria Multiplayer" where we'd organize a community map and play until we got bored. It was primarily myself, Gizmog, and Snodrvr who played, but others popped in from time to time. Attached is a screenshot of my favorite prank we pulled (I think on Feenicks, if I remember correctly, though he never logged back in to see what we did).
Attachments
After we made getting to the treasure complicated.
After we made getting to the treasure complicated.
Terraria Prank Cropped 2.jpg (269.42 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
After we filled the house with water.
After we filled the house with water.
Terraria Prank Cropped.jpg (318.19 KiB) Viewed 3118 times
Place Obligatory Signature Here
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Just an update and a bump for this...

We picked Saturday for Bacon (and scheduled whole event for him), Bacon has since he can't do Saturday so we are doing this FRIDAY! Game to start at 8pm EST.

Some updates, as Ravan and I did a brutally awful test not long after competition was announced.

You MUST go into this with no items, weapon or gear. You can have your cosmetic gear, but nothing can be actively affecting your stats. This is to allow continued use of characters people love to play as and not force you to make a new dude for one night. No ride equipment of any kind. You can have the traditional pets, as pets do not do damage and are just cute. No wings either.

There will be a central building already made as a safety zone. This area will house the gems you collect. Everyone will take one gem and one basic pickaxe from a chest and then when the clock is 8:10 EST (to ensure everyone is here together), we'll all go our separate ways. Ravan and I had done about an hour before we turned on PvP, but that was with us having endgame gear. I think two hours to secure a stronghold and collect gear is probably fine. 10:10 EST, players turn on PvP and you are then allowed to pursue and hunt for the gems.

As this happened to Ravan and myself, if you lose a gem in lava, you are out and done. If you lose a gem in an area and it can be recovered, you can retrieve it but if another player grabs it, it counts towards you being eliminated. Once another player has your gem or you lose your gem in lava, you are out.

Tips we noticed... if you build a structure that has a conventional room NPCs might spawn at your secret base. The main base where the gems and pickaxes will be will have a large amount of rooms to offset some of this, but if an NPC spawns in your house it is visible to ALL players on the map and will make your location compromised.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Anybody that wants to join, tonight is the night. You just need to add me as a friend on Steam before 8pm so you can join. We will have voice chat in Discord and bacon will be streaming on his twitch account. Should be a fun night of hunting friends and murdering them.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Well, that certainly was a thing! :v:
Edit: Sorry everything went off the rails like that. :(
Last edited by Baconlabs on Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Congratulations to Pink Team!
Better luck next time RMZ