The Most Nathan Karr Thread in OHRRPGCE History

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

MorpheusKitami wrote:...One thing I've noticed in a lot of internet communities is that a lot of people haven't gotten over high school; They're still stuck in that high school mentality.
this makes me want to use a high school setting so badly... OHR High
"Imagination. Life is your creation."
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Nathan. Stop writing long texts. Edit! Condense!
You wrote more lines in your rants than in my roguelike script.

What is the salient point? No one is going to reach the end of what you wrote.
It's too distracting and all over the place... What am I supposed to take away from your words?
That's the effect of your words.
Brevity is the soul of wit.... Be concise!

You know the value of ideals... but do you know the value of words? The word is important. It's a vehicle.
But for what? And where is it going? That's the purpose of writing.... To convey/transport meaning.

If someone reads your words, what meaning do you think they will obtain? Maybe you are a really good person inside, but how many people are going to believe in you based on this?
Most people won't even know what they should think, or where to start. Quoting scripture is probably putting people off scripture. It's ironic how bad you are at doing this, that you are achieving the opposite effect from what you desire.
TOO MANY WORDS. ALL OVER THE PLACE.
Edit. But before you edit your words, you obviously need to edit your thoughts. So that you don't come to such wrong conclusions, methods, ideas.... not that you're completely wrong... YOU JUST NEED TO EDIT
Last edited by SwordPlay on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

SwordPlay wrote:What is the salient point? No one is going to reach the end of what you wrote.
It's too distracting and all over the place... What am I supposed to take away from your words?
To be explicit: if you want to critique the form of Nathan's rant, I won't stop you, but please don't actually discuss what you're supposed to take away from Nathan's words.

If you don't understand where the line is, ask before you go in. If you cross the line, we start banning indiscriminate of what your actual position is on any of these issues. If you don't cross the line but fail to stay civil, there will be bans for that as well. If you don't want to risk being banned, you may wish to end this discussion or take it elsewhere.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Nathan has been banned for one week.

I want to be clear that anyone agreeing or disagreeing or otherwise engaging with nathan.txt will get the same treatment. I have been explicit about this. At this point, it is less about what your position is on such issues and more about the fact you were told not to do this. I was not joking, and I'm really annoyed that you pushed the envelope here.

I have deleted the screed that must have taken an hour or so for Nathan to write, because this is not his platform. Nathan, you were correct about one thing: I do get to choose what will be discussed here. I will always defend your right to hold your opinions, whether or not I agree with them, but that does not suggest that I should allow you to express them here.
Last edited by Mogri on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SwordPlay
Chemical Slime

Post by SwordPlay »

Mogri wrote: Nathan has been banned for one week.

I want to be clear that anyone agreeing or disagreeing or otherwise engaging with nathan.txt will get the same treatment. I have been explicit about this. At this point, it is less about what your position is on such issues and more about the fact you were told not to do this. I was not joking, and I'm really annoyed that you pushed the envelope here.
try locking the topic, o almighty admin... please note i am addressing you directly, not "engaging anyone" whatever that means

might as well just delete the thread or send it to the graveyard or whatever tbh not a big loss
Last edited by SwordPlay on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The only reason I have not done so is that I do not want this discussion to spill over elsewhere.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Hey look Swordplay, Nathan has joined the club for people that have been banned on Slimesalad.
Now it's him, you, me, and about a billion spam bots.
Idontknow
Slime Knight

Post by Idontknow »

The wellbutrin will flow like water

ngl I'm morbidly curious of the contents of Nathan.txt
Last edited by Idontknow on Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Working as intended!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Idontknow wrote:ngl I'm morbid curious of the contents of Nathan.txy
Me too.
Considering that it only took 8 minutes or less to be taken down I can only imagine how truly offensive it might have been.
But I guess it's for the best. As popular as car crash videos are on the internet I don't think I'd like to see them on slimesalad.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It is not a matter of how bad it was. It is a matter of me laying out a very clear rule and that rule being completely disregarded. I would have handed out the same ban to you if you had asked Nathan to elaborate on his stance on Muslims.

(To be honest, I read even less of Nathan's latest post than I did of the rest of his rants; I deleted it once I got far enough to realize that he was not listening to a thing I said.)
Last edited by Mogri on Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

So...
Nathan is unbanned now?
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

I forgive you.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

Either I need to stop leaving, or I need to stop coming back. Every time I seem to come back to a wrecked apartment after a bad party.
—- So anyway, how are you?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Hey Stewitus ­P.
Welcome back!
This isn't really as bad as it looks.