Privacy policy for Android Apps

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

The current OHR will be the only program on earth, that runs on Windows 95 and on Android, being available for machines of nearly a quater decade. Thanks to the OHR, I am finally looking forward to get my sister's old phone to test the OHR on a mobile device. An Android release would open the OHR world to a much larger audience. Somewhat awesome.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Hey guys,

I'm bringing this post back from the dead briefly to let you know that I've been researching privacy policies, terms and conditions, etc. for my upcoming website, and I hear a lot of good things about Termsfeed. I remembered us discussing Google Play's terms, and thought I'd update the conversation with what I've found in case you want to make the language air-tight.

In short, this site creates a legally-appropriate privacy policy, cookie policy, EULA agreement, etc. based on the questions you answer. When you're done, it'll convert your information into a legal form that you can then attach to your website, app, etc. Some forms have premiums, especially the ones dealing with GDPR and CCPA, but many are free. The only drawback is that they don't self-update, so when the laws change, you might have to go through the process again. But until laws change every week, this may still be a better option to winging it and crossing fingers that it's good enough.

I've read through several articles that compare services, and this one seems to come out on top with everyone. The only other one that comes close is Iubenda (which is the group I'm considering, mainly because they're on AppSumo until mid-January with a lifetime service offering), and that's because they have real lawyers keeping on top of every law and adjusting the language to comply in the background, so your policy is always up-to-date. The reasons they're not on top is because they have a monthly fee, store the policies on their site (so they can keep it up-to-date, I imagine), which means they aren't nearly as portable as Termsfeed is, and they're so detailed that it takes hours to get through the questionnaire, whereas Termsfeed is pretty quick (so I've read). But they are the "set it and forget it" group, whereas Termsfeed is "set it but keep your ear to the ground for new requirements" group, which is still better than "write something that might be good enough."

If the policies we're using are good enough, then awesome, but I thought I'd post this to the conversation in the event that they're suddenly no longer enough, which is always possible whenever lawyers get involved.
Place Obligatory Signature Here