Minecraft Thread

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Minecraft Thread

Post by Baconlabs »

I'm just curious if anyone else on here bought and currently plays Minecraft. I really want to try Survival Multiplayer, but servers are hard to find. [s]Maybe we could set up a Slime Salad / General OHR server.[/s] We do have a Slime Salad / General OHR Server. It is whitelisted. PM [s]James Paige[/s] Bob the Hamster for the server IP and for permission to enter the whitelist. If you are not whitelisted, you will not be able to enter the server.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Sorry, I can't help you there. I don't play minecraft. My cousin plays it though, and I believe he likes it.
Mewmew
Red Slime

Post by Mewmew »

Yes, I have a Minecraft account for a while. I have no idea how to set up a server though, but wouldn't mind playing with you guys... I really stink a survival though so I generally set the difficulty to easy or peaceful... XD
ImageImage Arien and Fran HD Sprites
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

I'd probably be able to set up the server, my internet connection is very stable now. I suppose I could go ahead and do that when I've got some time this week.

In the meantime, here's some screens to try and spice up this thread.
(I wonder if 1080p screens are too big)
Last edited by Baconlabs on Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
NeoSpade
Slime Knight

Post by NeoSpade »

I'm on Minecraft and I also have a Hamachi based server up (although it doesn't seem to like it when more than 4 people are on it).

I'm [s]not on it all the time[/s] on it quite a lot actually, and that's why I come on this computer, because it can't run it at all, and therefor I have time to work on my game :P, if you set up a server I'm game for this.

When I'm on my desktop I'll share my giant dam project.

Out of wonder: what texture pack/s are the middle 2 screenshots using?
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

The middle screens use Alyxandor's Zelda texture pack, however it hasn't been updated for Beta 1.7.x yet, so make sure your version is compatible before downloading it.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

I checked out http://canihostaminecraftserver.com and my connection isn't powerful enough to act as a server host. If anyone is interested in hosting, go ahead and do the self-test in the link above, and chime in if you've got what it takes.

If we can't get a Multiplayer server set up, then why not show off your Minecraftian creations? Just press F2 to take a screenshot and share whatever you've been working on! (optionally, F1 will hide the GUI)
Last edited by Baconlabs on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Post by Skullduggery Studios »

Do I have Minecraft? Yes. Have I bought it yet? Um... :zombie:

I'll get it. Probably within the month. By the end of the year, I'll have enough internet access to legit sign up to play with a group of other people. As for screenshots... wait a week or two. I'm in the middle of an EPIC creation. ;D
Shizuma
Slime Knight

Post by Shizuma »

I agree we need a Slime Salad / General OHR server, but we need somebody who has a good computer and connection to host this dedicated. I dunno! Any volunteers? :V
Last edited by Shizuma on Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Not me. If someone does host a server, I maaaaaay just try it. Keyword, maaaaaaay. I heard Minecraft is addicting, and i'm already addicted to enough stuff :hurr:
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

Yeah. It's very addicting. I got bored for two months and hadda get back on last week.

EDIT: Thank you for making me feel guilty. I shall now be playing Minecraft guilt-less and legally. ;D
Last edited by Skullduggery Studios on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Okay, so Alyxandor's Zelda pack is taking forever to update. In the meantime I found a very close substitute, the Kakariko Village texture pack.
http://www.minecraft.seanpyke.org/
My only gripe is that all the caves are now green.

I'm thinking of making a texture pack myself, maybe model it after Cave Story or an OHR game.
Skullduggery Studios
Metal Slime

If you don't, I will. I'm getting sick of the old textures, and nothing's fixed the itch for me.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

I gave texture pack making a try, and I found out a few things:
-If the original tiles weren't 16x16 or something very similar, it ain't gonna look right.
-It's not very possible to make a whole pack in one night, it's surprisingly time-consuming, especially if you have to make anything from scratch.
-Grass is confusing. I can't tell if it's supposed to be green or grey in terrain.png.

I've been absent from this thread for a while, despite the fact that most of the past week was spent in MineCraft. More accurately, in AdventureCraft.
This is one of the best mods I've seen in a while, and it completely changes how you play the game. If you're a player, the gameplay mirrors that of a 3D Legend of Zelda game. If you're a designer, it becomes a very sophisticated map editor. It's also being actively updated by its creators with all kinds of new things.

I've practically been spending all day every day working on a map of my own, which is coming along swimmingly and might even be done before the end of the month.
Last edited by Baconlabs on Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

For the first thing, I think this is what you're looking for (unless you already have it, in which case... just stick to exponents of 2?)
For the third thing, it's grey if you want the grass to change with biomes. It's green (or whatever you want it to be) if you just want your grass and leaves to stay the same color regardless of biomes.

That Adventurecraft thing seems rather interesting. Might have to look into it if I ever start getting bored of vanilla Minecraft.

...as for stuff I've done recently, here's a house.