Project X

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Project X

Post by Spoonweaver »

Gentlemen!

The time has come to unveil a contest between 2 men.
Charbile and myself have entered into a wager.
We are currently competing to see who can produce the most successful game.
It's Hati's Bizarre Adventure vs Tim-Tim 2 "The Almighty Gnome"
The goal is to get our games on steam and sell more copies/make more money than the other person. The contest will conclude at the end of this year.

However, that is not the main subject of this thread.
You see, in this contest between myself and Charbile the winner gets glory, but the loser gets something very different.
The loser is forced to make a game.
The loser must make an honest effort to develop said game to the quality needed to upload to steam and then to upload it there if able.
The game in question came to me in a fever dream. I did not seek out this idea and I shudder to think of outcome. The game idea is both glorious and profane.

I've attached a mock-up I had done of this idea. In 1 year, either Charbile or myself will begin development of this game. My god have mercy on our souls.
Attachments
Golden-Chan 001.jpg
Golden-Chan 001.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 3059 times
polkakitty
Red Slime

Post by polkakitty »

Sorry, but I don't really understand what's going on in the picture. It just looks like some sort of confrontation between a busty girl and an unseen opponent in a Fist-of-the-North-Star-style post-apocalyptic setting. I get the feeling I'm supposed to know who she is, but I don't, and there's....

*realizes that the third panel is supposed to show her panties coming down, instead of just being one of those shots where someone's fearful reaction to a character is shown to build tension before that character's identity is revealed*

....well. If you've seen the anime trope where two swordfighters run at each other and the screen blanks out, only showing a spurt of blood from the place where one of them just got stabbed, this certainly puts that trope in a whole new light.
"It was right through those trees; I'm not insane
That's where the fin tried to drag me in
Don't look at me, look at where I'm pointing
Close your eyes, see what I see, Canajoharie..."
-- They Might Be Giants
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Yes, it seems the concept art is impossible to make sense of unless you've heard concept.
So to explain again. This is the game either Charbile or myself (most likely Charbile) will have to make. And not only just make, but make it with enough effort to get it to the quality that would be equal to getting it approved for steam. (Actually getting it approved and on steam is not fully required)
We have to make it if the game we produce this year does worse on steam then the other person's game.
This game concept, that we are competing to not make is not just referred to as Project X, but also Golden-Chan.

[spoiler]Golden-Chan and the World of Swordz
is the story of a world where the one and only sport that exists is Swordz,
a contest based around peeing skills.
Challengers compete in contests of distance, power, time, and jousting in the style of a type of Olympics.

One day, a girl tries out for the team.
"...but girls can't compete!!" say the onlookers.
To everyone's surprise, she almost breaks the distance record on her debut attempt. (76ft)
That girl is... Golden-Chan![/spoiler]
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Prifurin
Red Slime

Post by Prifurin »

Someone tell Spoonweaver, if he joins my team at Spring Collab I will make a small Golden-Chan game for this event for lulz
eight days a week
polkakitty
Red Slime

Post by polkakitty »

Oh, see, I thought the dramatic spray in the sixth panel was supposed to be period blood, like the jets of blood that you normally see in anime fight scenes. The fact that it's just pee makes it okay, then.

I don't know how much you've already decided about the setting this game will take place in, but I think it should definitely take place somewhere in the Arctic Circle, and it should have a magic system where you have to use the mouse to draw magical symbols in the snow with your pee, like in the original Japanese DS release of Ni no Kuni.
Spoonweaver wrote:[spoiler]Challengers compete in contests of distance, power, time, and jousting in the style of a type of Olympics.[/spoiler]
Actually, I've got bad news about any hopes of setting new records in the "time" category (since this, no doubt, will be a game that will pay only the most scrupulous attention to anatomical accuracy and realism.)
"It was right through those trees; I'm not insane
That's where the fin tried to drag me in
Don't look at me, look at where I'm pointing
Close your eyes, see what I see, Canajoharie..."
-- They Might Be Giants
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Prifurin wrote:Someone tell Spoonweaver, if he joins my team at Spring Collab I will make a small Golden-Chan game for this event for lulz
It would be an honor.
Sadly, I can not do that as it would invalidate the bet I have with Charbile.
Plus, people may think I rigged the teams in the Spring Collab.
polkakitty wrote:Oh, see, I thought the dramatic spray in the sixth panel was supposed to be period blood,

polkakitty wrote:(since this, no doubt, will be a game that will pay only the most scrupulous attention to anatomical accuracy and realism.)
The battles are planned to feature decapitations.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

I'm doing my part!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Re: Project X

Post by Spoonweaver »

It is January 1st and the great Charbile vs Spoonweaver Bet/Challenge is over.

On Charbile's side we have: -nothing-

On Spoonweaver's side we have: The existing Tim-tim 2 greenlight page
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 84366nKeep
this, in my opinion, serves to satisfy the condition of getting my game on Steam.

Next, there is my patreon
https://www.patreon.com/posts/tim-tim-2-steam-60487187
Where I have pre-sold steam copies of Tim-Tim 2.
I believe this satisfies the sales part of the bet.

However, Charbile does not believe this to be true.
He believes that I needed to actually make the sales via steam for it to count.

I have conceded that we will be unable to completely come to terms with who won and who lost.
And best case scenario is..
We've both lost.

As much!
Both Charbile and Myself have begun work on Golden-chan.rpg
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Hi, everyone! What's your new year's resolution?

Everyone except for The Spoonweaver. I already know his. And I'm afraid this won't be the year you finally defeat The Charbile. Here's the new contest and rules. Goldenchan VS Tim Tim2, and -all ohr games-. It will be put on steam. It will outsell all ohr works in this reality and the next five meta ones, including all released games now and to be released in the next ONE HUNDRED years, times ten.

The best case scenario is... you already lost.

Spoiler: On your side we also had nothing! So nobody won. That doesn't mean we're losers. You're not a loser to me, spoonchan. doesn't appear? no hint that it's there? That means we could hide them anywhere...
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

charbile wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:01 pm Hi, everyone! What's your new year's resolution?

Everyone except for The Spoonweaver. I already know his. And I'm afraid this won't be the year you finally defeat The Charbile. Here's the new contest and rules. Goldenchan VS Tim Tim2, and -all ohr games-. It will be put on steam. It will outsell all ohr works in this reality and the next five meta ones, including all released games now and to be released in the next ONE HUNDRED years, times ten.

Spoiler: On your side we also had nothing! So nobody won. That doesn't mean we're losers. You're not a loser to me, spoonchan. doesn't appear? no hint that it's there? That means we could hide them anywhere...
We can indeed hide them anywhere :v:
So does this mean you are officially making Golden-chan? Or I am? Or we are? I'm confused... It seemed liek you had called the whole thing off honestly.
charbile
Metal Slime

Post by charbile »

Spoonweaver wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:01 pm
charbile wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:01 pm Hi, everyone! What's your new year's resolution?

So does this mean you are officially making Golden-chan? Or I am? Or we are? I'm confused... It seemed liek you had called the whole thing off honestly.
yes
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

charbile wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:47 pm
Spoonweaver wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:01 pm

yes
I sure hope that yes is in reference to calling the whole thing off. It would win game of the year if it never came out.