20%
Something new
40%

Total votes: 10

Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Trytuges, A Quest, and AAA

Post by Nathan Karr »

My magnum opus (TutOHRial) is a no-brainer; I'm absolutely going to polish that up a bit in the coming days or weeks and put it on my itch.io page where it can go some real good.

But I've been considering the other games in my library and which ones could meet with moderate success.

Trytuges
A very basic RPG. Basically complete as-is but I plan on increasing most of the heroes' base accuracy by a bit, fleshing out the random encounters and treasures for the final dungeon, and adding the ship parking script. If we got a "vehicle override map music" setting the way we got a vehicle encounter override setting I'd use that (I had music for sailing the ship planned before basically anything else).

Snake Hallway
Possibly too thematically similar to the other two games I already have up; I don't want my audience thinking this is all I do. It'd probably be ideal to polish up something about it by then; in general I don't feel most of Marina's spells are very powerful compared to their cost.

A Quest
Honestly I think this is a good example of an RPG still being fun even without any status afflictions. I would add a couple of shortcuts to make backtracking easier after certain amounts of progress; an exit to the fairy forest clearing after beating Magimaster, a shortcut to Westfort unlocked by defeating the Flaming Knight.

This game has a distinct style and I like it. I've had suggestions to change its name, but can't think of an alternative.

AAA
A really compact, simple RPG with exactly all the scripting it needs.
Remeber: God made you special and he loves you very much. Bye!
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Something New.
Attachments
new RPG0014.gif
new RPG0014.gif (52.41 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
new RPG0013.gif
new RPG0013.gif (50.41 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
new RPG0016.gif
new RPG0016.gif (58.74 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
new RPG0015.gif
new RPG0015.gif (52.84 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
new RPG0018.gif
new RPG0018.gif (49.34 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
new RPG0017.gif
new RPG0017.gif (56.36 KiB) Viewed 3485 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

To keep myself doing something, for the month of October I've been doing a minimum of 1 monster sprite per day, following a list I made last year because I had a lot of fun with Inktober.

For some days, I had enough ideas to make three or four sprites fitting the same theme. I'm sharing only one of each in this thread, and will be releasing the entire package once it's finished.

I was hoping to make myself return to the forum and share my monster list sooner so others could follow along on the challenge. Also I think it's weird that there's no option to manually arrange attachments within a post and it always displays the most recent upload on top when it'd be more intuitive to go the other way.
Attachments
Killiflower
Killiflower
new RPG0049.png (3.41 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Archerachnid
Archerachnid
new RPG0048.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Saber Rattler
Saber Rattler
new RPG0046.png (3.49 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Ghoulish Ghost
Ghoulish Ghost
new RPG0044.png (3.53 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Mink Skeleton
Mink Skeleton
new RPG0041.png (3.44 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Armamentalist Baphomite
Armamentalist Baphomite
new RPG0040.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Guard Dog
Guard Dog
new RPG0036.png (3.39 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Mink
Mink
new RPG0032.png (3.34 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Dragon Fly
Dragon Fly
new RPG0030.png (3.48 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Roadent
Roadent
new RPG0027.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Salad Slime
Salad Slime
new RPG0026.png (3.61 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Plasma Ball Beetle
Plasma Ball Beetle
new RPG0024.png (3.39 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
Arena Slime
Arena Slime
new RPG0022.png (3.58 KiB) Viewed 3396 times
The list I'm working from. I haven't done today's yet...or yesterday's as of this posting. They're coming this afternoon.
The list I'm working from. I haven't done today's yet...or yesterday's as of this posting. They're coming this afternoon.
Nathan Monstertober.PNG (28.71 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
BennyJackdaw
Red Slime

Post by BennyJackdaw »

Is there anywhere I can see more of each game?
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

BennyJackdaw wrote:Is there anywhere I can see more of each game?
The name of each game in the OP is a hyperlink to its download/description page.
Attachments
Some sort of obstructive rooster.
Some sort of obstructive rooster.
new RPG0054.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
Ichitachi here would be the starter in a hypothetical monster collection game, and would be able to be replaced with an "evolution" for every elemental type.
Ichitachi here would be the starter in a hypothetical monster collection game, and would be able to be replaced with an "evolution" for every elemental type.
new RPG0050.png (3.31 KiB) Viewed 3370 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Still unable to think of a good name for A Quest as I was when I first started, I decided to just put the word "the" next to it and wound up making the name Athe Quest. It's not literally A The Quest, but somehow that name feels more specific and evocative.

Athe Quest is, by design, not my prettiest game or my most elaborate, however I do think it's unironically fun to play and well designed. Some of the sprites from it (ghost, slime, skeleton, gashadokuro) are also going to make their way into my free graphics recourse folder.
Attachments
Axeolotl.
Axeolotl.
new RPG0055.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 3337 times
Last edited by Nathan Karr on Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BennyJackdaw
Red Slime

Post by BennyJackdaw »

Nathan Karr wrote:Still unable to think of a good name for A Quest as I was when I first started, I decided to just put the word "the" next to it and wound up making the name Athe Quest. It's not literally A The Quest, but somehow that name feels more specific and evocative.

Athe Quest is, by design, not my prettiest game or my most elaborate, however I do think it's unironically fun to play and well designed. Some of the sprites from it (ghost, slime, skeleton, gashadokuro) are also going to make their way into my free graphics recourse folder.
I ended up voting for that one because it's the only one that looks like it has non-human playable characters, and I'm always looking for new games that have those.
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Getting a lot of sleep, not getting a lot else accomplished.
Attachments
A cannister robot.
A cannister robot.
new RPG0063.png (3.4 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
I don't know what you'd call this worm.
I don't know what you'd call this worm.
new RPG0062.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Some generically furry-targeted succubus or something.
Some generically furry-targeted succubus or something.
new RPG0061.png (3.46 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Strawberry frosting elemental?
Strawberry frosting elemental?
new RPG0059.png (3.29 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Karen the Man-Ager
Karen the Man-Ager
new RPG0058.png (3.39 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
A cat with a very long tail.
A cat with a very long tail.
new RPG0057.png (3.3 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Cu Sith. A different palette might be a less magical friendly doggo.
Cu Sith. A different palette might be a less magical friendly doggo.
new RPG0056.png (3.31 KiB) Viewed 3231 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Today's theme is "fairy" so I just went for one of my favorite fey creatures from Celtic folklore.
Attachments
A pooka is an all-black goblin with glowing eyes, known in particular for its ability to shapeshift.
A pooka is an all-black goblin with glowing eyes, known in particular for its ability to shapeshift.
new RPG0064.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 3209 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

Not feeling good lately. At a certain point even a complete antisocial shut-in like me needs more time outside.

Been putting a little work into Athe Quest here and there. I ought to illustrate the scene with the heroes being introduced to Owlder and still need to draw a new title screen.
Attachments
Dracolantern
Dracolantern
new RPG0074.png (4.94 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
"Yourself" So here's yet another drawing of my fursona. I can never get tired of drawing the same handful of characters numerous times!
"Yourself" So here's yet another drawing of my fursona. I can never get tired of drawing the same handful of characters numerous times!
new RPG0073.png (3.67 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
Still trying to settle on a name for this giant dog monster. "All-Seeing Eye Dog" is currently my top choice.
Still trying to settle on a name for this giant dog monster. "All-Seeing Eye Dog" is currently my top choice.
new RPG0075.png (4.58 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
"Dehydrated" and all I could really think of was a skeleton with some tattered cloth or skin hanging off.
"Dehydrated" and all I could really think of was a skeleton with some tattered cloth or skin hanging off.
new RPG0072.png (3.33 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
For "Ancient" I went with the player character of my first ever game.
For "Ancient" I went with the player character of my first ever game.
new RPG0071.png (2.97 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
Is it any surprise for me to say I'm not much of a breast man? I decided to touch this up a bit after taking the screenshot.
Is it any surprise for me to say I'm not much of a breast man? I decided to touch this up a bit after taking the screenshot.
new RPG0070.png (3.54 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
A harpy with a harp. That's the kind of wordplay I like. Harpies are still disgusting, hideous creatures.
A harpy with a harp. That's the kind of wordplay I like. Harpies are still disgusting, hideous creatures.
new RPG0069.png (3.51 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
Nathan Karr
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Nathan Karr »

It's really been since November 1st that I posted in this thread?

Well, I'm going to make two things clear now:
1) Those sprites I made for Inktober? A significant portion of them will be used in my no-text RPG, though this will somewhat hinder the puntastic nature of a few of them

2) Athe Quest is finished and for sale: https://cheeseforge.itch.io/athe-quest
I've sold three copies of it as of this posting, which is definitely something.