What is the Sword of Jade Boss Theme From

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Idontknow
Slime Knight

What is the Sword of Jade Boss Theme From

Post by Idontknow »

So I've been playing the 2013(?) version of SoJ recently on the slimesalad discord.

Thing is, in some of the boss fights (Butterball, that plant boss in the first dungeon) there's this boss battle theme, and I heard this theme in an rpg maker game sometime in middle school. People in the chat claimed it was originally a BAM from Wandering Hamster, but it's not in the files of it and I can't see a crusty old bam file from WH ending up in a late 2000s rpg maker game with ripped Final Fantasy graphics.

Please. Fyrewolf, Charbile, anybody, what is this boss battle theme from Sword of Jade. I have been trying to find what this song is from for ten years now. I just want closure.
Last edited by Idontknow on Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Working as intended!
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

https://web.archive.org/web/20001020185 ... rpgce.html

Check out the wh_demo.txt file for Wandering Hamster, the song is "Mini Boss" and it's by Aaron Walz.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Yep.

BAM conversions of some of Aaron Walz's songs were included in wandering Hamster for a while, but when I changed the license to GPL I had to remove them, because while they were free to use, they were not permitted to be modified.
jcenterprises
Slime Knight

Post by jcenterprises »

The Aveyond series.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Whoa. Dude, you aren't wrong:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWpASsg6Lvc
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Aaron Walz originally wrote that music with no game associated with it. He has licenced it for use in various games more than once.

He was okay with me using it in Wandering Hamster when it was freeware, but when I relicenced it to GPL he wasn't comfortable with that because he felt he would lose control of the licensing, so he asked me to remove it.

That is when I asked Cartlemmy to compose the current boss music in WH