Walthros: Renewal - Now available

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Hedera
Slime Knight

Post by Hedera »

The Wobbler wrote:A look inside Roland and Arnold's house. Who can identify the albums on the wall?
the one on the top right's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, going to guess the others are also elton john albums

except for the bottom right one, which is clearly Classixx's Hanging Gardens :hurr:
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Yep! They're all Elton John albums. He's the inspiration for Roland, who plays a different musical tune for each of his attacks. I'm going to start playtesting him soon, one more character to finish first.
Attachments
Maximum doofus in playtesting right now
Maximum doofus in playtesting right now
Test.PNG (26.52 KiB) Viewed 2629 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Balance testing Roland; he fights using a keyboard and is focused on buffing the rest of the party. He's one of the few characters who has a Light elemental attack. Once I'm done here it's on to a clown-based side story!
Attachments
walthrosrenewal0075.png
walthrosrenewal0075.png (6.42 KiB) Viewed 2600 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I gave the Clown Duck an animated neck. Working on the important parts of Game Development.
Attachments
The "Teach a clown how to be funny" side story. I've been looking forward to writing this one for a while!
The "Teach a clown how to be funny" side story. I've been looking forward to writing this one for a while!
Clown.PNG (19.85 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
walthrosrenewal0071.gif
walthrosrenewal0071.gif (138.91 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
Last edited by The Wobbler on Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stewitus P.
Slime Knight

Post by Stewitus P. »

I really want to know what song the ducklown has in his head to make it bop like that.
—- So anyway, how are you?
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Stewitus P. wrote:I really want to know what song the ducklown has in his head to make it bop like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAtd6NBvVA0
Attachments
Everyone's here for the big show. Let's start the clowning!!
Everyone's here for the big show. Let's start the clowning!!
Clown.PNG (21.58 KiB) Viewed 2495 times
Keeping real classy with the     jokes
Keeping real classy with the jokes
Gas.png (38.92 KiB) Viewed 2517 times
Yolk's on you, friends.
Yolk's on you, friends.
Yolk.PNG (33.17 KiB) Viewed 2529 times
Last edited by The Wobbler on Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I've really got to finish this scene today, I've spent a long time on this clown's act.
Attachments
walthrosrenewal0076.gif
walthrosrenewal0076.gif (364.98 KiB) Viewed 2480 times
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

Are you animating that clown with, like, transform commands, or just frame-by-frame? Squash and stretch works very well with these characters.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Thanks! Those are drawn frame by frame, I'm using transformations in some other places (like ships landing/taking off) but the clown animations needed special attention.
Attachments
There are now more side stories in the first act of Walthros: Renewal than I put in the entire game of Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy.
There are now more side stories in the first act of Walthros: Renewal than I put in the entire game of Kaiju Big Battel: Fighto Fantasy.
Side.PNG (26.44 KiB) Viewed 2437 times
Writing some compelling dialogue!!
Writing some compelling dialogue!!
Snail.PNG (18.74 KiB) Viewed 2439 times
You can pet domestic snails, but please leave the wild ones in peace. Admire them from a safe distance.
You can pet domestic snails, but please leave the wild ones in peace. Admire them from a safe distance.
walthrosrenewal0078.gif (724.47 KiB) Viewed 2447 times
Last edited by The Wobbler on Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

Incidentally, "This clown needs special attention" is how I invite my friends to hang out.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

It's good to be a clownâ„¢

Into the final piece of Act I. Originally this was The White Shrine, but it didn't look right with bright colors everywhere so now it's grey. Grey, grey. Things get weird in here as time and space start to thin.
Attachments
Grey.PNG
Grey.PNG (16.03 KiB) Viewed 2410 times
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I feel like somebody got onto me about the spelling of gray/grey before. At the time I watched a lot of Digimon and they kept spelling it GREY-MON.

Looks like both gray and grey are right. The doofus who hounded me before can bite one. But apparently g-r-a-y is for the American English and g-r-e-y is for British English.

Good thing Walthros is it's own world so you can literally call it whatever you want and ignore stupid stuff like that.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Dig in! The dirt digging mini game that players first encounter early in the game returns when you reach Grey Shrine with a few additions: Toxic slime puddles and energy orbs. Avoid the slime! Gobble the orbs!
Attachments
Dig1.PNG
Dig1.PNG (20.44 KiB) Viewed 2383 times
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Walthros? More like Wormthros. This is the part of the game that people will either love or think I've gone off the deep end.
Attachments
The third type of Grey Shrine guardian. Don't just mash the Attack button around these things!
The third type of Grey Shrine guardian. Don't just mash the Attack button around these things!
Robot3.PNG (25.04 KiB) Viewed 2331 times
Robot2.PNG
Robot2.PNG (25.63 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
Robot.PNG
Robot.PNG (25.38 KiB) Viewed 2360 times
Last edited by The Wobbler on Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1409 ... nt_System/

Taking a week off from Walthros work to build an arcade interface for my old games collection. There will be different weirdos here to talk to based on day of the week. Prizes to win, games to play, bodies to swap. Here's the very first glimpse!
Attachments
Players are given a random character when the game loads for the first time. Don't let that limit you. Befriend the wizard.
Players are given a random character when the game loads for the first time. Don't let that limit you. Befriend the wizard.
Mouse.PNG (69.24 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
WalrusSystem0004.gif
WalrusSystem0004.gif (1.43 MiB) Viewed 2325 times
Last edited by The Wobbler on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.