Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Work for Hire

Post by Meowskivich »

Welcome to the Work for Hire thread!

Here you can do one of two things:
Post a request for help or Post a request for work.

To keep things a little clearer, you may want to specify certain things, like art style when it comes to sprites. Feel free to send a private message to those you desire work from.

Below are lists of those who need help, followed by those who are wanting something to do. These lists will be updated periodically, likely once a [s]week[/s] month.
If I do not hear anything about your post in, I'll say, two months time since posted, I will remove it from the list. Just repost here if you want me to put it back on.
If I keep forgetting your request, just PM me and I'll try to care of it! -Meowskivich

thespazztikone - Needing a mapper

DuelInstinctGames - Dedicated Sprite Artists

thespazztikone - Artist services

retrobanana - Musical Composer!

Updated 10/6/2014
Last edited by Meowskivich on Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 40 times in total.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

List updated, you people should totally use this thread more...and not let it rot.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Anyone want to be an "on-call" plotscripter for me?

Basically I shoot you a question for some plot-scripting action, or just have you write it out all yourself. I have a few requests that will probably be nothing but mere child's play to you, but will save me oodles o' time!
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Would there be payment?
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

I would be willing to spare you if I turn into a zombie during the on-coming apocalypse...cuz, you know, zombies remember that stuff.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Hiya! Looking for anyone willing to draw me a few scenes. Just pencils is fine, as I can do coloring, but can't draw anything worth a flying rat's tail. The pencils needn't be extremely detailed, as I'll be adding a lot of detail in during coloring. These will be used in Legacy's opening sequence, to set the story up.

The scenes I need (shown with the text that will be used to accompany them) are:

Screen 1 "And then came man..."
Men cresting a hill, looking up, as if arriving into the area for the first time.

Screen 2 "It did not take long for him to bring change:"
Men cutting down trees, building things.

Screen 3 "But not always for the better."
The things built in the previous scene on fire.

Screen 4 "War..."
Two people in armor (medieval) fighting each other. Preferably viewed from behind one of the combatants, they're swing swords at each other while guarding with shields.

Screen 5 "Strife..."
People suffering, covered in scars, bleeding, dying from pestilence, etc...

Screen 6 "Death..."
A graveyard.

Screen 7 "Yet from these warring factions, a single group emerged. The Theocracy"
A single person, clad in armor, raising a greatsword above his head while standing over fallen bodies around him.

Screen 8 "Through a combination of fanatic belief and military might, they subdued other nations around them and fashioned an empire."
Back to back, a monk holding a book; and a warrior wielding a mace (or a sword) and a shield.

Screen 9 "And it was good that they did, for a single deity, displeased at what man had wrought, came down against the will of the other gods, to wreak havoc and vengeance."
A massive silhouetted figure looking over burning villages and cities.

Screen 10 "It took years, but the Theocracy was able to use the strength it had gathered to defeat the deity and seal it away."
The figure from before falling into a vortex of sorts.

Screen 11 "But that was over three hundred years ago. The Theocracy today rules with an iron fist, lording over the lands it conquered, allowing none to challenge it, and violently suppressing all rebellion. Sacrifices are regularly made, for they claim such must be done to continue to keep the deity sealed away."
A single robed figure, covered in shadows, sitting on a throne, contemplating.

Sadly, being a poor high-school English teacher from the third world, I can't really pay any money for this. I will, however, include an NPC based on you (or something equivalent) within Legacy. Or perhaps name a weapon after you, or a city, etc...

So, any takers? :D

Edit: Oh, and as for style, it's a serious game, so a relatively serious style in the art as well. Anime, western comics, realistic, etc... All should work well enough. Thanks!
Last edited by BMR on Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

BMR wrote:... but can't draw anything worth a flying rat's tail. ...
<a href=" src="" alt="" title="Hosted by imgur.com"></a>

Took a loophole, but...
anywho, list updated (at least after I post this)
Last edited by Meowskivich on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Well, perhaps I can draw a flying rat's tail...

but nothing much else, hehe :v:
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

That flying rat is awesome, but it got nothin' on my Dingoo.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

List updated.

and if you're reading this, misac, then let me know if you're still looking for that sprite artist, it's going to hit the 2 month mark soon, which means removal from the list unless otherwise noted.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

*cough*
List updated again. People should realllllllly use this thing.
Also, I'll be keeping it up to date more now times.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

been about a month, and the only new thing is that I'm willing to do voice acting.
here are my credentials
or rather, it's an improv-video of me making up voices for characters in Final Fantasy 9 on the fly for a voice acting challenge, but I still find that it is a good show of skill. I can do all sorts of voices, and I enjoy doing so, I mostly want to do voice acting out of the desire to have something fun to act out.
foreverblue2
Red Slime

Post by foreverblue2 »

hey everyone.
ive been working with scripting in ohr for about a year and a half. im selftaught and have no friends who do this kind of thing. So ive never worked with anyone.

in the intrest of becoming a better code writer and testing myself to see if im ready for a colab contest i am offering...

one plotscipt or a series of scripts that accomplish one goal.
or
one cleaning up of messy or broken code.

I wont write a sidescroller for you, but if you need something smallish like a teleporting system for your game, then im in.
My timeframe for this project is two weeks.

I will do this for one person only, and probably the first to respond.

satisfaction so far from garenteed its a joke. i may need your entire game to do tests. deleting of your game and all files will be completed after the project is. NOT available in kentucky.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Updated and added.

So you only want to work on one singular piece of plotscripting is all?
It seems odd to offer only one thing, if you're wanting to do something collab, you should try to practice pretty much any and all categories of development, and then find the person you're able to work with, unless it's a random collab contest.
In either case, you will have to have the ability to go half-way on things with people and realize that you are both partners in the project.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Whelp , I need an artist. I plan to try my best to get an OHR game on Steam, and I'm fully aware that my greatest hurdle is my low level of artistic ability. If you're talented and willing, I'm offering to share any profits that might come from such a game (up to and including 50% depending on your level of involvement), but do keep in mind that any payment you might receive would be completely up to how well the game does and I in no way promise you anything.
I have several ideas for games, but I might even be willing to even work on your game if you have the same goal and need a scripter or something.
Just go ahead and PM me on here with any interest you might have in regards to this.