Test of Normality

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

beau_rl
Slime

Test of Normality

Post by beau_rl »

i have decided to open a thread to discuss my game test of normality. Mainly to get it a bit of recognition. I'm still working on the game. I wanted there to be alot of coinciding storylines at once, with the playable characters breaking off and meeting up later. At the moment i am working on a part where swarn and corang are on top of a moving train, fighting to get to the front to save one of the captured characters. (i won't say who.) does any one have thoughts on the game? I am proud of the music i wrote for it, and the scripting. If anyone gets stuck in the game, let me know and i will tell you what to do. I'm thinking specifically of the part when you have to escape the sinking ship.
Momoka
Metal Slime

Re: Test of Normality

Post by Momoka »

beau_rl wrote:i have decided to open a thread to discuss my game test of normality. Mainly to get it a bit of recognition.
I had a very snarky response half-written before I realized you were asking for a review. I'll play the game tonight and post a review in the reviews section, where I will get delicious INT and AGI for it. :)
beau_rl
Slime

Post by beau_rl »

i should have said that the point where your first impression video ends, is the part where i began working on the game this year again after a 4 year break, so i hope you continue the game until the end. I worked hard on alot of the plotscripts which i think will show.
beau_rl
Slime

Post by beau_rl »

hmm there are some pretty influential rumours floating around that this game is well worth the download and is a fine piece of work. Intriguing!
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

beau_rl wrote:hmm there are some pretty influential rumours floating around that this game is well worth the download and is a fine piece of work. Intriguing!
>:(
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

How in the world are you supposed to escape the ship at the beginning of part 2? I ended up using the debug keys to skip that part.
beau_rl
Slime

Post by beau_rl »

you need to push the box (in the third room after the water rushes in) down one tile and right one so that the water cant get through. you have to be quick.