Custom Icon bug?

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Custom Icon bug?

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Does anyone know if that custom icon bug is still around? You know the one I'm talking about. If you use a custom .ico file for your game then Windows Defender thinks the game is a virus. I would just test it myself, but for some reason, I was never able to duplicate it.
ArtimusBena
Slime Knight

Post by ArtimusBena »

That warning message does indeed still pop up when you go to publish your game. Same experience though, Willy. I keep exporting with the icon, and have never personally seen this bug occur.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

Y'know, it's weird. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I AM BEANBOY had no problems with the icon injection, but Moonday totally reads as a virus for me.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Rue wrote:Y'know, it's weird. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. I AM BEANBOY had no problems with the icon injection, but Moonday totally reads as a virus for me.
Think again.

Also, I wasn't the person who uploaded iambeanboy.exe to VirusTotal two weeks ago. One of your fans?

The bug report is here https://github.com/ohrrpgce/ohrrpgce/issues/38, but there isn't anything interesting to read there.

I'd still like to try changing around the compiler versions on the build machine to work around this.
Last edited by TMC on Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Remind me what I need to change on the build machines, and I'll make it happen this week
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

I suggest switching to a newer version of gcc, although as I noted before, my windows-targeted gcc toolchains (which don't trigger the virus scanners) are actually older than yours. But it's easy to throw off a virus scanner.
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

TMC wrote: Think again.

Also, I wasn't the person who uploaded iambeanboy.exe to VirusTotal two weeks ago. One of your fans?
Joy. Guess I'll have to upload a new version.