User interface colors

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

User interface colors

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I updated to the stable version of Gorgonzola and suddenly, the tag debugging list is in these ugly hard-to-read colors. As far as I can tell, none of my other user interface color seems wrong, and that crazy dark purple/blue doesn't appear anywhere in my color list. See the attached images and you'll see what I mean.
Attachments
xenonew0003.png
xenonew0003.png (23.56 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
xenonew0004.png
xenonew0004.png (3.9 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
xenonew0005.png
xenonew0005.png (4.01 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
xenonew0006.png
xenonew0006.png (4.06 KiB) Viewed 1712 times
Rue
Slime Knight

Post by Rue »

Bean boy does that too, iirc. Master Palette 0 is like 6 colors, and I never ended up ever actually using it. Master Palette 1 is Neo's palette from the wiki, and it's the one that's used for the entire game.

Do you use multiple master palettes? Wonder if it has something to do with that.
Attachments
tag_editor_thing.png
tag_editor_thing.png (25.53 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh hey, this must be the same bug as the one that causes sprite transparency to not work until you've called "update palette" or something else has reset the palette (a screen fade)? I still haven't fixed that.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Oh hey, this must be the same bug as the one that causes sprite transparency to not work until you've called "update palette" or something else has reset the palette (a screen fade)? I still haven't fixed that.
Well, it's not that serious of bug, so no big deal. =D
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

OK, this is finally fixed in current Mac nightlies; for Windows/Linux/Android you need to wait until tomorrow (it landed in the middle of the builds).

It turns out that this bug affected any games that don't use the default master palette. Calling "update palette" or entering various debug menus would fix the problem.