Mac OHR game running at half speed

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Thanks for the testing. It's disappointing it's not running at exactly 60fps, because the framerate control is still not playing well with vsync. That's something that could be improved.

Is the fullscreen problem new? You've only seen it in 64-bit builds, not the previous 32-bit ones?
Fufluns was the first version with a 64-bit Mac build (and the 64-bit version is linked to as the default download).
I just noticed that it looks like an old version of SDL is being used for 64-bit builds, and I suspect the problem is fixed in the latest version. (I filed the bug)
Last edited by TMC on Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Thanks for the testing. It's disappointing it's not running at exactly 60fps, because the framerate control is still not playing well with vsync. That's something that could be improved.

Is the fullscreen problem new? You've only seen it in 64-bit builds, not the previous 32-bit ones?
Fufluns was the first version with a 64-bit Mac build (and the 64-bit version is linked to as the default download).
I just noticed that it looks like an old version of SDL is being used for 64-bit builds, and I suspect the problem is fixed in the latest version. (I filed the bug)
The fullscreen problem is old. Here's what I know about it.

The screen is black when in fullscreen mode. Sound and gameplay can still occur.
It occurs in 64-bit Mac builds only.
It still happens in farfluns and with the newest Mac nightly.

I wondered if it had to do with the version of SDL too! Damn! I'm getting better at this! =)

Let me know if you need another g_debug.txt at some point in the future. Thanks!
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

OK; I'll post on the forums once we fix gfx_sdl2 and make it the default. The Mac gfx_sdl2 nightly build is apparently broken at the moment. Switching to gfx_sdl2 is probably the best solution for this problem, although SDL 1.2.15 may fix it.