The Realms of Horror (Ch. 1)

Play-by-forum D&D and such go here.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"Hmm, very well then, I'll see what I can do. Brother Sigmund, if you would help."

Kamaron heads outside to the horses. He tears a strip of fabric off the tarp he had and ties it around Pugsy's head, serving as makeshift blinders. Before leading Pugsy in for shelter, he goes out amongst the trees to collect as many long sticks as he can, certainly at least ten of them. He'll then lead the war horse in to keep it sheltered from the elements. Should he need to, he'll Command Pugsy to approach him into the tomb.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Catt looks disdainfully at Renold. "Look Reny, if you are afraid of snakes, just say so."

She begins lowering her bare fishhook.

"Here is how I figure it;" she explains "The snake bites the hook, and her poor little mouth gets snagged."

"I drag her up, and she will be dangling. She can't bite me because her mouth is snagged on the hook, and if she gets her mouth free, she just falls back into the pit."

"If she is thrashing around like crazy, I'll just leave her dangling about 10 feet down the pit until she tires out. Then I haul her up and grab her neck tight"

"Once I have her, one of you can help me tie her to one of Kam's sticks so I can let go safely."

She looks at Slickens when she say this last bit, because she thinks that both Renold and Johnny are too soft for the job.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Slickens gives a nod. There's a lot of useful things you can do with a snake and it beats sitting here doing nothing.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Horace hmms, "Yes, that sounds ideal. But how will you get it to bite the hook, I wonder?"
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

"I'm going to jiggle the hook around and hope they bite just because it is shiny and moving"
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

"Righty-ho!" Sigmund exclaims. He follows Kamaron to assist with securing the horses.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The horses were secured after a lot of work including a command spell.
The snakes didn't seem interested in the hook. None of them even got near it.
Renold shook his head and went back over into the demon jail room to look at the door.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

"Stupid snakes! Bite it!"

Catt finally gives up and hauls up the hook again.

She cuts her elbow just a little...

1 hp damage

... and gets her blood all over the fishhook and a little bit on the end of the twine.

"Kam! Glove! ... Oh... he's outside, nevermind."

She lowers the fishhook back down into the snakepit again.

"Snakes have good senses of smell, right?" she says to Slickens.
Gizmog
Metal King Slime

Post by Gizmog »

Slickens shrugs. "I never asked."
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The snakes seemed interested in the blood but very unlikely to bite it or even get near it.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

"Stupid snakes! I BLED for you! Bite the plane-damned fish-hook!" Catt shouts in frustration down the pit.

She rolls back on her heels into a sitting position, and slowly begins to pull the hook back up again without looking at it.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

She didn't like the way this was going.

It had taken her a great deal of effort to work her way into this adventuring group. The loyalty of her companion had taken a lot to win over. Yet here she was, standing alone outside. Even the horses had gone into the dangerous tomb. She hoped more progress would have been made before she was forced to interact with the others.
Newbie Newtype
Reigning Smash Champion

Post by Newbie Newtype »

Horace shakes his head, "Perhaps it is time to rethink this plan. They might already be too well fed to bite any prey."

He thinks for a moment, rubbing his chin, then perks up, "When we rotate watch, let us try to take notice if anything changes in the pit that affects the livlihood of the snakes."
<TheGiz> oh hai doggy, oh no that's the straw that broke tjhe came baclsb
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"I return from dragging the horses in. It was a chore, but at least they're protected from the elements now. I listen to what Horace is saying and I reply:"

"Indeed. Maybe it wasn't as good an idea as I had originally thought. The question now though is, what's next? We can't go through the green face, the mist sends us somewhere below that's linked to the snake pit, and we currently have little information on the door where the demon thing was."

Kamaron then pops back into the snake for a moment, to check where it is. He also keeps a figurative eye on the location of the rat to see where it's gone.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Karamon sees that the snake seems to just be lazily sitting several feet into the small tunnel. It hasn't moved much. The rat is in the same spot it has been in, where ever that is.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.