Dwimmercrafty+1 very important bugfix update!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Dwimmercrafty+1 very important bugfix update!

Post by Bob the Hamster »

So there was a very serious bug in Dwimmercrafty, which I have just fixed. EVeryone currently using dwimmercrafty should download dwimmercrafty+1

http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Downloads

The bug was deleting the On-Death-Bequest attack and the Non-Elemental-Counter attack from all enemies as soon as the game was loaded into custom.

If you never used those enemy features, then you have nothing to worry about.

If you only used them a few times, you can just re-add them with dwimercrafty+1

If you lost a whole bunch of On-Death-Bequest attacks or Non-Elemental-Counter attacks, and you have a backup copy of your .rpg file from before 2017-08-29 then I can probably help. Please comment below.

If you lost a whole bunch of On-Death-Bequest attacks or Non-Elemental-Counter attacks, and you do not have a backup copy of your game from before 2017-08-29 then check the autobackups subfolder in the same folder as your rpg file, maybe you actually DO have a backup ;)

If you *really* don't have a backup, and you have edited your game using dwimmercrafty or a nightly build from 2017-08-29 thru 2017-09-21 then those On-Death-Bequest attacks or Non-Elemental-Counter attacks are gone for good, and I grovel for your forgiveness. Should you need an actual .gif of me groveling to look at while you manually re-input all of them in the enemy editor, please comment below. ;)

If you are using a nightly wip build from 2017-09-01 thru 2017-09-21 you should *not* use dwimmercrafty+1 because that would be a step backwards from what you have currently, and might cause problems. Instead you should just download a new nightly wip build with a date 2017-09-22 or newer, since that also has the bugfix.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Hi, Linux download (non-64 bit version) doesn't appear to be dwimmercrafty+1. Will this bug still occur if the offending attacks are added in dwimmercrafty, or only when importing a pre-dwimmercrafty .rpg file?
vvight.wordpress.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Thanks for reporting that. I'll check out the 32 bit Linux binary tomorrow. Maybe I uploaded it wrong.

Dwimmercrafty (and nighties in the affected date range) just flat out delete that enemy data when you load the rpg file into custom.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

No problemo. Dwimmercrafty is the best version of OHRRPGCE to date (duh), so many quality of life improvements and little features that I've been wanting for quite a while.
vvight.wordpress.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I fixed the broken download link for the linux binaries. Thank you for reporting it!
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Cheers!
vvight.wordpress.com
Sparoku
Metal Slime

Post by Sparoku »

guo wrote:No problemo. Dwimmercrafty is the best version of OHRRPGCE to date (duh), so many quality of life improvements and little features that I've been wanting for quite a while.
Agreed, my good sir!
"One can never improve enough nor should one stop trying to improve."