Now Available - Macabre

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Battles are exactly the same from what I can tell. The only thing that change framerate-wise was the map mode, and I essentially doubled it.

I adjusted the scripts so the wait times were acceptable with the new speeds.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Ah, I'll bet TMC made it so that frame rate changes don't apply to battle. Smart :)
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

(James has just forgotten that we discussed and realised battles could be excluded)

I think you'll be the first RPG to increase the framerate. Doesn't that make all the walking frame animations a bit fast? Did you remember to adjust tile animation speeds? Also, what framerate are you using, 30? If it's something higher than 30 there will be some trouble with vsync (only implemented in gfx_directx) reducing the framerate to 30.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Ruin was released on OUYA today!

https://www.ouya.tv/game/Ruin/

TMC wrote:(James has just forgotten that we discussed and realized battles could be excluded)

I think you'll be the first RPG to increase the framerate. Doesn't that make all the walking frame animations a bit fast? Did you remember to adjust tile animation speeds? Also, what framerate are you using, 30? If it's something higher than 30 there will be some trouble with vsync (only implemented in gfx_directx) reducing the framerate to 30.
I didn't adjust anything except for the battle frequency and the wait commands in my scripts.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Would someone mind loading the game from the Amazon App Store and see if it opens up properly? Got a one star review from someone claiming it didn't work. I imagine that this could happen to anyone but I just want to double check that it's working from Amazon. Google play appears to be working fine. Thanks.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I could try that, but I'll need a link.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I have been playing Ruin. I am still early in the game (in the mine with Alan) but I am enjoying it a lot so far. I like the crafting system, and I like the skill learning system. The mastery points seem well balanced so far.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Fox, links to all versions can be found on the game page in the games section.

Thanks James! Yeah I was hoping to get that reaction from how mastery works. Battles are much more efficient if you use the right abilities, so I hope that it encourages people to use abilities rather than spam melee for every fight.
Last edited by Meatballsub on Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Try as I might, I am unable to locate Ruin in the Amazon App Store via the Amazon Shopping app for Android. I wonder if this is what the 1 star reviewer meant?
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Ruin got a good review here:

http://www.supergamedroid.com/2015/06/1 ... o-android/

Foxley: does <a href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00YYR ... ktop">this direct link</a> work for you?
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

I think you might only be able to find it on the Google Play store. It's there if you just search MOCBJ Software.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I installed the Amazon app store to test this.

I could not find it when searching for "Ruin" or "Ruin MOCBJ" but it was right at the top when I searched for "Ruin rpg"

I was able to install it from the Amazon store with no problem. I am puzzled by that one-star reviewer's complaints.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

I tried "ruin rpg" and "ruin mocbj" and "ruin ohrrpgce" and never found it.
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Are you guys looking under apps and games? Because I put in Ruin under apps and games and it was the first entry to pop up.

And I hate to ask for a review, but since that guy that gave the one star is clearly an outlier, would one of you mind giving an honest rating based on what you've played thus far? I feel like that one star is simply going to turn away too many people.

Meanwhile, I'm at 4.65/5 on Google Play, though that is only three votes. I feel better with that even if it went down quite a bit from there.
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

That's the desktop Amazon website. That and the Amazon Shopping app are very different. Getting search results for Ruin and going to a URL on the desktop website is cake; for me, finding it with the app has been a no-go. Why? I have no idea. I do wish Amazon had a feature of sending apps to your phone from the store website.