Spend your Slimebucks: Slime Salad feature request thread

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Spend your Slimebucks: Slime Salad feature request thread

Post by Mogri »

At the time I am writing this post, there's a total of S$382,071 in circulation (not counting the millions of Slimebucks owned by slimebots). That's a lot. Let's will decrease that number.

Post your Slime Salad feature requests in this thread. It can be anything that you want me to do, even if it's not directly related to the site. Unless I reject your request outright (either because it is inappropriate or because I don't think I will be able to do it), I'll add it to The List and assign a bounty to it.

Once a project that is to your liking makes it onto The List, you, brave visitors, may click on the Donate button to send me your Slimebucks. There's a comments field. Please use that field to indicate how you would like your Slimebucks to be spent.

The List of Projects
  • Ad banner (S$2969/6000)
    Create an ad banner at the top of the page where users can advertise their games.
  • More PM storage space (S$0/500)
    Because apparently you were running out.

The Menu of Services
  • Front Page thread (S$1000)
    Move a topic of your choice to the Front Page. Subject to review, but if it's an announcement of some sort and not horrifyingly inappropriate, it's probably fine.
  • Custom user rank (S$1200)
    You're too special to be a Slime.
  • Name change (S$500)
    Do you regret your life decisions? You don't need to create a new account.
  • Your very own usergroup (S$3000)
    Your awesomeness cannot be contained by a mere three discussion forums.

The Hall of Fame
  • Image attachments (S$4000)
    Allow users to attach images to posts in Front Page, Game Discussion, and General Discussion.
  • Additional user ranks (S$800)
    More ranks beyond "Slime."
  • Game list tagging (S$10000)
    A better taxonomy for the game list to make things more organized.
Last edited by Mogri on Wed May 27, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Perhaps custom forum themes? And some that can be made by forum goers that can be voted on being allowed or not and if allowed the bucks spent to unlock that theme goes to the creator?

Perhaps a customer name color picker that costs 500 slimebucks to change to a different color from a set list.

Maybe something to customize the color of a person's post bar?

Maybe even a slime salad arcade with generic html type of games that cost slimebucks to play? And maybe even non-generic? Just no gambling or slimesalad may get banned in europe :o
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Sticky a Thread!

Start a Usergroup!

More Forum styles beyond allgreen and Slime Salad!

A forum category that requires slimebucks to post in instead of hands them out. "Premium"!

A banner to the right of the Slime Salad top menu that displays OHR game characters and links to their games. (an amount of slimebucks to have your character show up randomly for like a month or something I dunno)!

Some sort of rank beyond Slime!

More slime arena junk!

Bigger avatars!

More email attachment space!
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Thread stickying isn't something I'd let random users have. But that does bring something to mind...
In some Let's Playing sites, they let active forumgoers have their own slot in the forum, perhaps letting someone spend big slimebucks to buy their own slot for their personal zone in which to talk exclusively about their games and moderate? Or whatever they desire within the boundaries of that slot.
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

I want to pay to embed MIDIs on certain threads and the ability to buy custom emoticons.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I wand sprites for http://www.slimesalad.com/fft/ :)
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

• Meowskivich
    • Custom forum themes: I have no interest in making new forum themes, but I could add user-suggested themes or alternate color schemes for the Slime Salad theme.
    • Name color picker: Anything with "pay slimebucks to do X" in it immediately becomes more complex and difficult for me to do. It would be much easier to just do a name color picker.
    • Post bar color picker: I don't know what you mean by "post bar."
    • Arcade: See name color picker and/or this. I have several in-progress games that have not been posted there (most notably DYWTBAH, but there are others I haven't publicized). I would entertain requests for more of those.
    • Personal forums: I'm not sure there's sufficient interest to make this worthwhile. We'd need a significantly larger userbase before I'd want to increase the number of forums.
  • Spoonweaver
    • Sticky a thread: Which thread?
    • Start a usergroup: What usergroup?
    • More forum themes: See my response to Meowskivich.
    • "Premium" forum: What would be the purpose of the forum? I could see maybe allowing people to pay Slimebucks to post new topics to Front Page.
    • Top ad banner: This is a reasonable request, although bear in mind that it's difficult to do this in a way that's supported by multiple forum themes. To support the banner for just the base theme, S$6000
    • Additional user ranks: Reasonable and low-effort. S$800
    • More slime arena junk: Be more specific.
    • Bigger avatars: No thanks.
    • More email attachment space: I assume you mean PMs. S$500 for the first increase, doubled for every increase thereafter.
  • The Wobbler
    • Embed MIDIs: I suggest taking a video of your MIDI and posting it to YouTube.
    • Custom emoticons: I doubt my ability to create emoticons to match the visual fidelity of the ones we have. If anyone wants to submit custom emoticons, I will consider them on an individual basis.
  • Bob the Hamster
    • Mega Tact sprites: I assume you mean different sprites for each job? Ideally, you'd want different sprites by gender, and you'd also need different sprites per team. High-quality spritework is not my strong suit, but I would add sprites if someone donated a suitable spritesheet.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

@woobles:
we can already embed midis. people just get mad when you do it.

paying the site to let you make people angry seems like a bad idea.
A bad idea I fully endorse.

The music --> <EMBED SRC="http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 62jefn.swf" width="320" height="480"> <--- the music
Edit: not sure if moogs disabled this or the host site did. Went ahead and just posted a game with a cool intro song.

Edit: Oh! and yay! my suggestions got picked! I win!
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat May 31, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
SDHawk
Metal Slime

Post by SDHawk »

A tagging system for games. The ability to assign tags to games in order to mark their genre, what contest they were a part of, whether they're complete or unfinished, that they're utilities instead of games, that they were game of the month, etc. You should be able to browse a list of games that match a set of tags. There should probably be a page somewhere that highlights popular tags / certain valuable tags (complete games, certain genres, etc) in order to make it easy for newcomers to find games they might actually want to play. I leave the decision of whether tags should be limited to admins/game owners or up to the community up to you.

The ability to attach images on regular forum posts so that people can easily host images on the forums without them getting lost over time.

Some kind of prominent tutorial page on how to post a game to SS (on both the main page and game list forum and maybe even the game submission page), including how to upload a file. Newbies keep uploading to their own space because they don't understand the file attachment is for game hosting, others don't even figure out that they can post to the game list forum directly.
Last edited by SDHawk on Sat May 31, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

SDHawk wrote:A tagging system for games. The ability to assign tags to games in order to mark their genre, what contest they were a part of, whether they're complete or unfinished, that they're utilities instead of games, that they were game of the month, etc. You should be able to browse a list of games that match a set of tags. There should probably be a page somewhere that highlights popular tags / certain valuable tags (complete games, certain genres, etc) in order to make it easy for newcomers to find games they might actually want to play. I leave the decision of whether tags should be limited to admins/game owners or up to the community up to you.
This! So much this! :D
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

A good and long-needed request. Also a complicated one. S$10000

Remember that you don't have to donate the complete amount by yourself. If you're interested in a project, you can chip in to help see it to completion.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

I'm willing to donate every slime-penny I have to SDHawk's request. Unfortunately, I'm NOT willing to continue searching the forums looking for this mysterious "donate" button. Where is it? Am I that bad at finding things?
I am Srime
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The "Donate" button appears in the user pane when you're viewing a thread. It shows up under the rest of the user information.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Oh wow, msw has almost the whole 10000 himself.

And will after I chip in my slimebucks.

But... This brings up a question about the other items. I had thought we were purchasing them personally, but that doesn't seem the case here. Care to clarify on this?

OH! and here's the donate link to donate to Mogri

DONATE
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Sat May 31, 2014 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Spoonweaver wrote:But... This brings up a question about the other items. I had thought we were purchasing them personally, but that doesn't seem the case here. Care to clarify on this?
Wobbler bought a custom user title for S$800. That was not the intent, but I'm fine with it. In general, I mean for this to promote projects that benefit all users, so when I say, for example, S$6000 for the ad banner, that's something that everyone could use.