Mega Tact v0.8a: Challenge yourself

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Mega Tact v0.8a: Challenge yourself

Post by Mogri »

If you've been reading along in the 0.7a thread, you have a good idea of the new features in this release. The biggest one, which I didn't plan for at all, is that you can now play against the AI. However, the other brand new feature that was never mentioned in that thread is that you can also just plain ol' challenge yourself to a battle by putting yourself in both team slots*. You can make one or both of those teams AI-controlled if you like.

Everything else that's new in this release is implementation of core functionality: knockback, line of sight, spell weapons. There are also some pretty important bugfixes. You can read all about it on the news page.

Go forth and play Mega Tact!

*You could do this before, too, but it wouldn't let you sign up in both slots.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Wowza, what's going to happen for the big 1.0?
dOn'T MiNd mE! i'M jUsT CoNtAgIoUs!!!
Play Orbs CCG: http://orbsccg.com/r/4r6x :V
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Meowskivich wrote:Wowza, what's going to happen for the big 1.0?
All of the things.

Don't forget, though, that this is a version number, not a number number. 0.8 is followed by 0.9 is followed by 0.10 and so on until it gets a major version bump.

There is a non-negligible chance that 1.0 will follow 0.9, though.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

What's coming in v0.9?

Glad you asked!

"Hey, what happened to my Mega Tact?"

Don't panic! What you are looking at is the "wide view." By default, the width of the battle pane will remain the same as always, but you can click on the button at the top right to expand or contract the battle view. This only affects actual battles, and your preference is remembered. Handy if you have a wide screen and want more information to fit on it without scrolling down.

Oh! You're also looking at the fancy new textured tiles. How about those bricks, huh?

Finally, you may have noticed my all-star monster team, featuring Vlad the Cancer Vampire. Which sounds totally awesome until you realize that Cancer is a crab and the Vampire is a cat. We don't have class icons for all of these monsters at the moment, so everyone looks like a chocobo at the moment. You can help fight racism by volunteering your own unit icons. What does an icon look like? It looks kind of like this:

All your donations will go towards the Ivalice Wildbow Conservation Fund.
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Mogri wrote:What's coming in v0.9?

Glad you asked!

"Hey, what happened to my Mega Tact?"

Don't panic! What you are looking at is the "wide view." By default, the width of the battle pane will remain the same as always, but you can click on the button at the top right to expand or contract the battle view. This only affects actual battles, and your preference is remembered. Handy if you have a wide screen and want more information to fit on it without scrolling down.

Oh! You're also looking at the fancy new textured tiles. How about those bricks, huh?

Finally, you may have noticed my all-star monster team, featuring Vlad the Cancer Vampire. Which sounds totally awesome until you realize that Cancer is a crab and the Vampire is a cat. We don't have class icons for all of these monsters at the moment, so everyone looks like a chocobo at the moment. You can help fight racism by volunteering your own unit icons. What does an icon look like? It looks kind of like this:

All your donations will go towards the Ivalice Wildbow Conservation Fund.
This is looking far better than it was back when I tried it about a year or so ago. I tried to try it again recently, but the page refused to load for me, so...
Oh well. I'll give it a whirl again when I have time.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Hey, how's it going.

So apparently, I took down Mega Tact for everyone who wasn't me... since, like, a version ago. I only noticed this because I accidentally logged myself out while making some changes.

It's working now, but for future reference, this is the kind of thing that would be really nice for you guys to point out to me :zombie:
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Mogri wrote:Hey, how's it going.

So apparently, I took down Mega Tact for everyone who wasn't me... since, like, a version ago. I only noticed this because I accidentally logged myself out while making some changes.

It's working now, but for future reference, this is the kind of thing that would be really nice for you guys to point out to me :zombie:
you mean the part where I said I that I couldn't access the page?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Yeah, would've loved to know that a week ago :zombie:
Meowskivich
Blubber Bloat

Post by Meowskivich »

Mogri wrote:Yeah, would've loved to know that a week ago :zombie:
Me net's been acting up lately, so I figured it was just me.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The next release is going to be huge. How huge? So huge. You don't even know. It's so huge that I can't even list all of the changes. Easily bigger than the custom rulesets release, except this time it's stuff you might actually use.

Like maps:

So many maps.