Pardon our dust

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Pardon our dust

Post by Mogri »

Welcome to Slime Salad! Today marks the official launch of the site, one week after it went online for the first time. This is an exciting occasion.

Slime Salad is a hub for game design of all sorts. We, the members and operators of the site, hope you find this a useful place to meet other game designers, find inspiration for your game, and give it an audience.

Many of the features are still in progress. Everything is subject to radical change. In particular, the following items are high on my personal to-do list:
- Update the Games and Reviews forums so that images are displayed alongside a post instead of at the bottom
- Streamline the voting interface for games
- Add extra browsing/search options for games
- Fix various bugs in the forum software

Eventually, the site itself will be a game. You might notice that each user has a set of stats, which are gained by participating in the site. (See the forum rules for more details.) The more you make games, the stronger your character becomes.

There are lots of features yet to come! Feel free to make suggestions. We hope you enjoy your stay here.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Site has been announced:
- on Surlaw Forums
- on Castle Paradox
- on LJ moogle1
- on LJ ohrrpgce

It's sweeps week! Earn 50 Slimebucks for every member you refer to Slime Salad, plus another 300 for both of you if you're both active after a month. Offer expires Friday night.

Intangible points FTW :D
Fenrir-Lunaris
Metal Slime

Post by Fenrir-Lunaris »

Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

Not that it is huge advertisement or anything, but I mentioned Slime Salad on my site back on the 16th. :v:
camdog
Gameathon 2009 Winner

Post by camdog »

Clicking on the "view comments" for this thread on the index nets me a "four oh four!"
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Oh, ha. I know why that is. Will fix later today.

(edit) Fixed~
Jack
Slime Knight

Post by Jack »

Also, just a question; why do I have to wait in between making searches?

ie, you can't hit 'view posts since last visit' twice, on accident.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I think it's a spam prevention device. The wait time is 5 seconds by default, but I can decrease it.
Calehay
Red Slime

Post by Calehay »

I'd really love a way to get back to the main page. (Unless I'm just stupid and missing it.)

Also, I think the rules should state something about warez and the like, just in case new members that don't realize that such activity is unacceptable (I assume.)

Also, the site just did that changing back to the old layout thing when I started this reply.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Hrm, good point. I'll put a link somewhere, probably in the description of the "Front Page" forum.

The default layout is now Slime Hole, which replaces subSilver. Fortis and I highly recommend it. If you get logged out for any reason, you might see it flash to Slime Hole.

The rules aren't meant to be a catch-all. I plan to update them later on to include different ways of saying "don't be stupid," but it's not high on my priority list.
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

Hey, is it just me or is the "delete post" button still subSilver? Already refreshed the cache to make sure...
And why's the "Games rated by user" link still there if the information's hidden?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The mod/admin buttons haven't all been converted yet.

I'm still deciding exactly how ratings will be handled.
Uncommon
Metal Slime

Post by Uncommon »

Well, "delete post" isn't necessarily a mod/admin button. Keep in mind I'm neither, but I still see the button if my post is the most recent one in a topic.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The games rating system is now ultra-streamlined. Enjoy!
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

Can you add something that lets us know how many people have voted for any given game? A simple "Votes: 6" or something after that rating would help a lot in determining how valid the game's rating is.