Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

James Paige wrote:I was curious about a few things.

One is how Jump is supposed to work. When you jump on a target, are you supposed to return to the location you started? Or are you supposed to end at the location you jumped to? (the former is what happens, which surprised me)
That is the correct behavior.
Another is that some attacks (spells?) seem to give you the option of targetting a unit or a tile. Other attacks don't give you a choice. I understand why instantaneous attacks don't give you a choice, because it could never matter. But some delayed attacks don't give a choice, leaving me sometimes surprised when an attack hits a place where the target used to be. I am thinking of a time I had my archer Charge+5 on a target, but hit the ground instead. The target had moved, but it didn't seem like they had moved out of range.

That also makes me wonder about how charge damage works. The damage preview makes it seem like charging an attack is almost never worth it.
This is also accurate to FFT, and it's one of the reasons Archers are so bad. They're just a poorly implemented class.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Ah, okay, cool. So jump and charge just suck. I was just afraid I was using them wrong :)

Also, I saw this warning in battle #92.
Notice: Undefined offset: 12 in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 123
I am guessing it might have been related to using a spell on a target who had moved out of range
26: Maricela (A) uses Paralyze on J5. Nothing happens.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

James Paige wrote:Ah, okay, cool. So jump and charge just suck. I was just afraid I was using them wrong :)

Also, I saw this warning in battle #92.
Notice: Undefined offset: 12 in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 123
I am guessing it might have been related to using a spell on a target who had moved out of range
26: Maricela (A) uses Paralyze on J5. Nothing happens.
Jump is good, actually, it's just tricky to use. When all of your opponents are fast/similar speeds it is near impossible.
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

my pheonix downs are broken in battle 92
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

I noticed that in battle 73, if I ask my Math White Mage to cast Level 4 Holy, I am allowed to target B2, which is empty. That was where Kanaya corpse was before her "soul turned to crystal"

EDIT:
Spoonweaver wrote:my pheonix downs are broken in battle 92
Mine too, in the same battle.
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Does the attack preview display correctly for the Phoenix Downs?
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Everything seems to work fine up until the phoenix down is actually used. Then it just seems to have no effect.
NeoSpade
Slime Knight

Post by NeoSpade »

^^; I had a false start on battle #101

I forgot to place 4 of my units. (My own fault, sorry!)

Can I make a feature request: a minimum amount of units as well as a maximum, or a force teams of even size function, or both :S.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

NeoSpade's got a good point. Maybe a warning/confirmation if you try to start battle with less than a full team?

Also, in battle 86, I asked my Squire to use "Charge" on one of Spoonweaver's Wizards, and it said:
Xenakis's turn
Dash

Notice: Undefined index: q in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 2701
→Beezel (100%)
I don't know if this is related to the fact that I was trying to charge him into an impassible tile (to see what would happen)
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

No, it's a sign that Dash is missing some data. It's a pretty terrible attack except for the knockback, and I haven't implemented knockback. I will nonetheless take a look at it.

A "place your units" confirmation is a good idea; I'll add it to The List.
GLOW
Red Slime

Post by GLOW »

Found another bug, I'm trying to cast reraise on my lancer but when I cast it on him it targets the tile above him. Battle #76
I'll burn down your house
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Do weapon special effects work yet?

I noticed that Nagrarock does not inflict frog.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

James Paige wrote:Do weapon special effects work yet?

I noticed that Nagrarock does not inflict frog.
I'm not sure if Nagrarock inflicts Frog the status or casts Frog the spell. If it's the latter, then it's unimplemented; if it's the former, then I thought I implemented it and it's an oversight if it's not implemented. The item metadata is all there, though.

My gut says it's a status and this needs to be looked at.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Demi appears to be broken
Notice: Undefined index: q in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 1879

Notice: Undefined index: q in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/abils.php on line 1879
→Ferumbras (0%)

* Hp +0

→Xenakis (12%)

* Hp +0
Also, Math skill can target dead units. I am not positive, but I think that means a live unit who happens to be standing on the same tile as a dead unit could be targetted even if they would not normally qualify to be a math target. (I will try to test this theory)
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

James Paige wrote:Demi appears to be broken

→Ferumbras (0%)

* Hp +0

→Xenakis (12%)

* Hp +0
Also, Math skill can target dead units. I am not positive, but I think that means a live unit who happens to be standing on the same tile as a dead unit could be targetted even if they would not normally qualify to be a math target. (I will try to test this theory)
I am not sure how you would test that theory. It should be impossible for two units to occupy the same tile. The fix should be easy, though.

Demi should work now, although those percentages look too low.

As for GLOW's off-by-one, that is the bug that will haunt me to my grave. I am aware of it and I apologize for the trouble it's causing.