Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Is mega tact not dead?

I'd love to see that thing up in working order. I had a bunch of fun with it until bugs overwhelmed most of my games and they stopped getting fixed.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

It's not dead. I'm just lazy. If I got bugged more about it, I'm sure I'd be more active.

Does someone/everyone want to make a wiki page for bugs?
captain Qball
Slime

Post by captain Qball »

I was going to provide more detail from the battle log online, but I just get the following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 530

and I already removed the copy on my hard drive, sorry.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Yes, I take great pride in introducing fatal errors while fixing trivial ones.

Sorry about that; it should be accessible again.
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

Necro!

Any interest in continuing on this? Super Tact is sadly dead for now, but Mega Tact could rise from the ashes! I was rereading some archived threads in the Super Tact forums, and man did they bring back memories!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Kajitani-Eizan wrote:Necro!

Any interest in continuing on this? Super Tact is sadly dead for now, but Mega Tact could rise from the ashes! I was rereading some archived threads in the Super Tact forums, and man did they bring back memories!
Hey, I remember you!

Yeah, I'm totally interested in getting this to 1.0 at the very least. The biggest issue I had was getting good, solid bug reports. If you want to see Mega Tact working, the best thing you can do is play it and report bugs both in-thread (to catch my attention) and on that page (to have a permanent record of them).

Feel free to create an alt account so that you can play against yourself.
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

I started listing a couple bugs/not yet completed features.

Also, I challenge thee! Hie! Come at me as you dare!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Equip Change is totally unimplemented. It is not surprising that it doesn't work. It should now do nothing instead of freaking out.

What was the Brave of the unit with Critical Quick? It should work (Br% of the time, of course), or at the very least add a line to the AT log ("UNIT quickens."). You probably know this, but critical status is HP < ceil(maxHP / 5).

Throw should now be fixed.

What do you mean when you say "multiple copies of the same unit"?

Also, thanks a lot! This is really helpful. I will accept your challenge when I get a chance :)
Last edited by Mogri on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

5: Blitzkreig (I) uses Yagyu Darkness on G7. The Doctor (F) takes 250 damage.
9: Aeon Clock (C) attacks G7. The Doctor (F) takes 36 damage.
9: Ultimecia (E) uses Murasame on F5. Ultimecia (E) is healed for 300 Hp. The Doctor (F) is healed for 300 Hp. Aeon Clock (C) is healed for 300 Hp. Blitzkreig (I) is healed for 300 Hp.
9: The Doctor (F) uses CT 4 Haste. Ultimecia (E) is hasted. The Doctor (F) is hasted. Aeon Clock (C) is hasted. Blitzkreig (I) is hasted.
9: Blitzkreig (I) uses Partisan on G7. The Doctor (F) takes 275 damage.

The Doctor has Critical Quick, 332 HP, and 97 Brave. I believe he should have gotten into critical status (which wasn't displayed as a status) after Aeon Clock's attack and after Blitzkreig's Partisan. It's possible I just got really unlucky (0.1% chance), of course.

The enemy team appears to be comprised of 5 copies of a single unit. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, or whether it's 5 individual units that happen to all have the exact same stats. Regardless, they all showed up as only a single Sir 999 (A) in the AT list until their turns arrived, at which point it looks normal:

17: Sir 999 (B)
17: Sir 999 (D)
17: Sir 999 (H)
17: Blitzkreig (I)
17: Sir 999 (J)
Last edited by Kajitani-Eizan on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The AT list bug is fixed. Probably. Maybe.

Out of curiosity, did you find that any other reaction abilities were working? I may have patched the Critical Quick problem (along with every other r-abil), or I may have broken all of the reactions. Not quite sure which.

This is what happens when you come back to your code after a year or two away. This and a lot of self-loathing.

EDIT: I broke something. Now to figure out what!

EDIT EDIT: Up and running again.
Last edited by Mogri on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Mega Tact, tell us how you really feel.
Kajitani-Eizan
Slime

Post by Kajitani-Eizan »

LOL

Yeah, I'm not actually sure if any of them were working. At the very least, I can see that Blade Grasp is properly lowering the accuracy of the Throw command.

EDIT: Is... is that Junk on your team!? Good thing he didn't decide to bring Talk Skill this time or I would have forfeited immediately
Last edited by Kajitani-Eizan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Kajitani-Eizan wrote:LOL

Yeah, I'm not actually sure if any of them were working. At the very least, I can see that Blade Grasp is properly lowering the accuracy of the Throw command.

EDIT: Is... is that Junk on your team!? Good thing he didn't decide to bring Talk Skill this time or I would have forfeited immediately
I made these units years ago. I think I have a Completeboy unit lying around here somewhere, too. Probably a Knight with Sing.

Blade Grasp is in a separate flow from the other reactions, so it doesn't really count.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Unexciting news: the Reference tab is up and running! This is very close to being the most complete reference guide for FFT in all creation. It has a few holes:
  • Ability damage formulas aren't listed yet.
  • Ability "Learned by" is incomplete, missing non-Action abilities for generics and secondary skillsets for demons.
  • I forgot to implement the filters for abilities.
So... basically, if it isn't an ability, then the reference guide will tell you everything there is to know about it. Did you know a level 1 Bard has 1 PA?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

The Abilities reference is now ridiculously complete, too.

Did you know that Choco Ball is a physical attack? Maybe! Did you know that Zalmo learns Silence (the Magic Sword spell) despite being unable to use it normally (because he can't equip swords)? Probably not!