Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Mega Tact v0.1a released!

Post by Mogri »

I'm proud to announce that after a year and a half of on-and-off development, Mega Tact is ready for its alpha release. (It could've easily released a year ago if I were more diligent about it, but that's neither here nor there.) You, brave reader, are invited -- nay, requested -- to play the game and get back to me with any bugs you find. But first, let me describe what's implemented and what's not.

What's Implemented
Most of the stuff related to the 20 core classes is there. You should be able to charge, perform, jump, float, fly, swim, and so on.

There are a couple of predefined maps and a random map generator. More maps will be coming, but they're not at the top of the priority list.

The challenge interface is similar to the SS Arena. You can only challenge players who have assembled a team.

What's Theoretically Implemented
Many of the unique classes exist and are theoretically implemented. They don't appear in the selector and I advise against attempting to use them.

More than two players probably works. I don't think the UI currently exists to create a 3- or 4-player game, but the infrastructure should be there.

The game should be mobile-compatible. I think I got it to work on my DSi a long time ago.

What's Not Implemented: Ingame Stuff
Throw. It shouldn't be hard to put together and is near the top of my list, but the interface for Throw is different from other skills because it's inventory-based.

Math Skill. Again, should be easy, but it hasn't been implemented.

Mimic. I'm... not really sure how hard this will be. There's a high likelihood that it will be buggy on release.

Equipment-altering attacks (Steal, Battle Skill, et al.). It's on my to-do list.

Mind-altering statuses (Charm, Confusion, Berserk, Invite). Players will have to come to an agreement on how to deal with these for now. This is a low-priority feature and won't be fixed soon.

Crystallized/boxilized units will not give you anything.

Most reaction and support abilities are unimplemented. Some movement abilities are unimplemented. Implemented abilities include Blade Grasp, Abandon, Equip X, Defend, Move +X, Jump +X, Float, Fly, and Teleport.

Monsters are unimplemented. A few special monsters might work, but as with the unique classes, they don't appear in the selector and I advise against hacking them in.

Reflect status. Also, Sleep might not wear off from unnatural causes right now. You've been warned.

What's Not Implemented: Metagame Stuff
The reference section is going to contain details on literally everything in the game. This section mostly worked before the Great Deletion; I'll throw it back up at some point.

Teams will eventually have limited inventories. Right now, everyone has an unlimited number of everything.

Units will eventually have ability-level control over their skillsets. Right now, all units know all abilities within their skillsets.

Challenge parameters will eventually become more sophisticated, allowing you more precise control over things like Jp/Gp caps. Right now, you can issue challenges with level caps, but not much more.

I Want to Help
Thanks! The most important thing you can do at this point is to play the game and report any bugs you find. Specifically, play each other. I've spent long enough looking at Mega Tact that I'm probably accustomed to ignoring its bugs; besides, I'm also just a little sick of looking at it.

If you want to do a little more, ask me about encoding some maps. Two maps is just not enough.

Enjoy the game!

http://www.slimesalad.com/fft/
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

I made a unit and it didn't save :( There's also an error:

Notice: Undefined index: abilset in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/jobs.php on line 816
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Wow! Interesting and complicated!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

JSH357 wrote:I made a unit and it didn't save :( There's also an error:

Notice: Undefined index: abilset in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/jobs.php on line 816
Thanks -- that might indicate that you left the job or secondary skillset empty (but it's been fixed in any case).

I see that other people have been able to save units successfully. If you continue to have problems that the editor itself doesn't point out ("You can't have Brave below 3"), please send me a screenshot of the unit you're trying to create.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

"Generic Soldier"?

I'm just going to leave <a href="http://hamsterrepublic.com/tmp/names.txt">this</a> here...

EDIT: Also, minor bug: On the character edit screen, the character always referts to male when loading an existing character, or clicking "Refresh/Preview".
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Bug after attempting to use "Accumulate" after moving on my first unit's first turn.

On the page asking me to set unit ending direction

Code: Select all

Warning&#58; Missing argument 2 for UnitHasStatus&#40;&#41;, called in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 432 and defined in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 295

Notice&#58; Undefined variable&#58; status in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 296

Warning&#58; Missing argument 2 for UnitHasStatus&#40;&#41;, called in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 432 and defined in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 295

Notice&#58; Undefined variable&#58; status in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/status.php on line 296

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

tried to delete a unti and got this.

redacted

EDIT: oh, but it seems to have deleted the unit though.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I get this when I try to confirm my team in a battle with slimehold.

redacted

On second glance it seems to be almost the exact same message I got before. My team wasn't confirmed though.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

grumble grumble this is what I get for enabling notices

Also, yikes! SQL vulnerability D: Thank you for noticing that.

All the errors reported so far should be fixed now.
Last edited by Mogri on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I can't seem to make my units girls.

Also, I was able to battle myself, but I'm not able to confirm both copies of myself.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Spoonweaver wrote:I can't seem to make my units girls.
James reported this one earlier. They should in fact be female, but the dropdown wasn't showing it.

EDIT:
James Paige wrote:Bug after attempting to use "Accumulate" after moving on my first unit's first turn.
Your unit should nonetheless have his/her +1 PA.
Last edited by Mogri on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Warning&#58; Missing argument 2 for AddLog&#40;&#41;, called in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 472 and defined in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 46

Fatal error&#58; Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/mogri/slimesalad.com/fft/battle-functions.php on line 48
Got one of my guys to cast Wall on himself. Now it's showing this whenever I choose the direction he's facing.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Fixed, thanks.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I started a whole bunch of battles and never placed my guys...
I didn't know I was suppose to.

In the fight Phoenix is talking about, he's fighting no one.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

My body is ready for matches
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com