Motrya, the Trailer

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Motrya, the Trailer

Post by JSH357 »

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hey guys. Finally, I have a decent preview of this game. I think y'all are going to love it (well, I hope so) and I'm working hard to make sure it's ready by the Heart of the OHR Contest's end.

If you could do me a favor, please visit the video and "Like/Dislike" it (Hey, if you don't like it, that's fine too)! You can also subscribe, if you're so inclined. I'd love to get more people interested in this (and other) OHR games. It's some neat footage anyway with awesome music courtesy of Vampiducki, so do check it out!
My website, the home of Motrya:
http://www.jshgaming.com
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I "Liked" it on Facebook, too. It's looking really nice and it'll take some sort of miracle for another game to beat this in the HotOHR.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

We are deeply afraid of Chronoboy's entry.
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

This looks amazing. I'd be honored to lose to it.
I especially like that eyeball technique cutscene, whatever it is. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's used.

The one thing I didn't enjoy were the unusually dark and realistic cutscenes that look fresh out of a murder drama on TV. They're so different from the rest of the video, it's a little unnerving.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Baconlabs wrote:This looks amazing. I'd be honored to lose to it.
I especially like that eyeball technique cutscene, whatever it is. I'm looking forward to seeing how it's used.

The one thing I didn't enjoy were the unusually dark and realistic cutscenes that look fresh out of a murder drama on TV. They're so different from the rest of the video, it's a little unnerving.
Sorry about this. It's my "directorial debut," so I'm just gonna blame it on that. Those scenes are from the intro, which is in a slightly different style from the rest of the demo because it is a dark moment, looking back on the past. Anyway, I guess I don't need to defend myself, the game can speak for itself when I release it. :)
Baconlabs
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Baconlabs »

With this new information in mind,
It's not the cutscene's placement in the video that's unusual - its existence in the beginning of the game is what has me intrigued.
I should save these opinions of mine for a review article when the game's actually out.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Baconlabs wrote:With this new information in mind,
It's not the cutscene's placement in the video that's unusual - its existence in the beginning of the game is what has me intrigued.
I should save these opinions of mine for a review article when the game's actually out.
Oh, it's totally cool. You're right, there was inconsistency there. Newbie is particularly good at noticing it (he's already mentioned something in this preview that he needs to fix).
Momoka
Metal Slime

Post by Momoka »

Not only has this gotten me interested in your game, it's renewed my desire in making my own.

This looks fantastic. I posted it on my Facebook page.

I'm looking forward to playing it!
Last edited by Momoka on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Momoka wrote:Not only has this gotten me interested in your game, it's renewed my desire in making my own.

This looks fantastic. I posted it on my Facebook page.

I'm looking forward to playing it!
Thanks! I shared it on Facebook too, got a lot of response surprisingly. I appreciate spreading the word a lot.
(By the way, any OHR dude/ette who wants to add me on Facebook can--I really like keeping up with you guys)
http://www.facebook.com/jsh357

Oh, also, I am working on a new website for my games, and was wondering what a good host would be in this day and age? Not sure who here might know. HostGator seems to have the best price-stuff ratio I've found, but I did want to get other opinions. At work we use Godaddy, but they kinda suck.
beau_rl
Slime

Post by beau_rl »

i can't WAIT looks amazing! I added you on facebook
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Very awesome guys. Slipping in the enemy attack animation was pretty cool. As a video, my main complaint is that you let scenes fly by too quickly; I didn't have time to both read the text AND take in the scene. In movie previews, shots can be clipped and shown quickly because the viewer can take in the scenery while listening to the mono/dia-logue. But when we have to read it, we need a bit more time. And I like longer real-time shots in movies anyways.
I am Srime
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

msw188 wrote:Very awesome guys. Slipping in the enemy attack animation was pretty cool. As a video, my main complaint is that you let scenes fly by too quickly; I didn't have time to both read the text AND take in the scene. In movie previews, shots can be clipped and shown quickly because the viewer can take in the scenery while listening to the mono/dia-logue. But when we have to read it, we need a bit more time. And I like longer real-time shots in movies anyways.
I commented on a similar post on CP. BLAME MY LACK OF EXPERIENCE. But anyway, the game'll be out in a week or so, so it's not that bad fortunately.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Sorry man if it seems like you keep having to defend yourself. I didn't read the CP thread yet. And very honestly, I am pretty floored at the amount of time and care you guys seem to be putting into this project with an actual deadline. Just taking the time to make all the various 'trailers' you've made is impressive in and of itself, let alone the actual game, which none of us can judge before release-day. Good luck with it all!
I am Srime
JSH357
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by JSH357 »

Nah, don't worry about it. I do welcome criticism (though don't get too upset if I completely ignore some of it, haha). I think videos are the best way to promote games before release, but most people don't take the time to learn how to do it. It is kind of complicated, so I do understand.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Oh I'm sorry, I meant to reply to this other bit before
Oh, also, I am working on a new website for my games, and was wondering what a good host would be in this day and age? Not sure who here might know. HostGator seems to have the best price-stuff ratio I've found, but I did want to get other opinions. At work we use Godaddy, but they kinda suck.
My partner in my new musical project introduced me to the site www.weebly.com that is free and has been fairly straightforward so far. There are some annoying limitations, but if you can be satisfied with one of their custom layouts, it's good from there on out as far as I can tell.
I am Srime