Upgrades in progress

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Re: Upgrades in progress

Post by Mogri »

Spoonweaver wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:54 pm There are a large number of people on discord saying they still can't login.
I don't know the details for each person's issues, but I figured I'd bring it up as I think a lot of them are sort of waiting for something to be fixed to let them log on rather than trying to fix something on their end.

Edit: I attached a screenshot that has seemed to help some people.
For Chrome users:

- Click on the lock in the address bar
- Tap "Cookies"
- Delete the cookies
Hollyhart1
Red Slime

Post by Hollyhart1 »

I'm not having a problem logging in, but I keep getting logged out. I keep having to log in. Is there a reason why?
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Nope! You might have better luck if you clear your cookies.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Are upgrades still in progress? I notice YouTube links are still "broken." Actually, they still have the old "yt" tags in the messages even though the new syntax is to use "media." Do we or will we have to manually search for our old embedded video posts and manually change this, or is there a plan to mass replace "[yt]" with "[media]"? I need to know before I break out the archeology shovel and start digging into the past. Thanks.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I can't mass-fix the old tags, unfortunately. The good news is that it should be fairly easy to convert an old [yt] tag to a workable YouTube link.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Would it be possible to allow a subset of html similar to what was allowed before, or is that considered insecure? I had a habit of using html img tags so that I could adjust the image size, and now there's a lot of broken links. I don't know what other html tags were available (tt and a?) If not I'll just have to fix some manually.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

I'm not against it, but I don't see an option to enable it.
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

One problem appeared since the upgrade:
Have a look at the game list. There are some games, that have a single or second reply to them, exactly on the 23th of May of last year. Probably has something to do with reviews for these games, that were somewhat linked by hand?
Problem is, that when accessing the site, while being logged in, a broken post appears. When I'm not logged in, the game info, screens and downloads appear, as they should (except missing the download size).
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Can you give an example of a game with a broken post?
Bird
Slime Knight

Post by Bird »

For example Drydocks:
https://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewto ... f=4&t=6584

Have a look at the attachment picture:
This is the post that I see, when I'm logged in and try to access that game.
Attachments
Bug
Bug
SSprob.png (41.99 KiB) Viewed 2296 times
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

Wow, that is super weird.

I checked it out just now and the game page seems perfectly fine for me (when logged in or not.) Strange that in your screenshot the game is listed as being posted by TMC, while on my end I'm seeing it listed as posted by dantedynamite. Your screenshot also isn't showing any of the game info or screenshots that are there when I click your link to the game's page.
drydocks.png
drydocks.png (269.43 KiB) Viewed 2286 times
Though looking through the gamelist I have noticed a few oddities. A while back I was poking through older games and spotted a few "discontinued game" listings... so I checked them out to see what they used to be, and noticed a few weird things with how they displayed.

Going back through the first couple gamelist pages (sorted by "most viewed, descending") just now -- This one has reviews intact but is displayed as being posted by "Guest" on the gamelist view (or a blank space when looking at the game page) which I wasn't even aware was possible -- looks like at least one other old game by Surlaw has the same thing going on. This discontinued game doesn't have the "Guest" thing, but does have a review that "does not exist" when you click the link to see it. The two games and review were all by Surlaw so maybe it's a "deleted old account" issue? I know his username was "The Wobbler" more recently.

And this one shows "Invalid review #645" rather than having a link at all. Haven't seen that on any others so far, but then, I only really checked the "discontinued game" listings since those are the ones I remembered noticing stuff that seemed off before.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

It doesn't show that I posted that game, rather the post by the game author is missing and you're seeing a post I made adding the review to the game. Internally, game pages are forum threads to which moderators added review links by reply post.

That last game you linked appeared like this on the old forum. It's interesting that it appears as "[review:d2ae38bbe8]645[/review:d2ae38bbe8]". I think that's a UID.
Looks like [review] is something hardcoded into the phpbb3 fork instead of defining a custom bbcode in the admin panel?
Mogri wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:00 pm I'm not against it, but I don't see an option to enable it.
I finally got around to looking into it and it doesn't seem to be possible in phpBB3 to keep the html img and embed tags in old posts working, support has been intentionally removed. The best that could be done is to add some custom bbcode tags (tags can have multiple and optional arguments, e.g. for image size). But then the posts need editing and there would be two image bbcode tags. Should we?
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Idontknow uploaded a final release of Eeeeethical Hacking but even though he edited the game description the edit time and count on the page didn't update, and as a result the game thread didn't get moved to the top of the forum... quite a problem.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

That's working as designed, mostly. The game detail pages don't show edit counts, and the game forum isn't sorted by edit time.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Oh, I thought the default sort order for the Gamelist used to be Recent Changes. Now it seems to go by date of original post (which I don't think was even an option before).

(It does show the edit count: "Last edited by Idontknow on Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:23 am, edited 5 times in total.", but that's doesn't matter anyway.)

A completely separate topic: chance of installing a dice roller extension, assuming that the Judge Slimehold dice roller is gone for good?