OHRRPGCE stable release (Hróðvitnir)

Announcements that go here will appear on the front page.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Liquid Metal King Slime

OHRRPGCE stable release (Hróðvitnir)

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Most of you cool kids at Slimesalad already know what is in the nightlyies, but guess what? That stuff is in the stable release now!

The hróðvitnir stable release of the OHRRPGCE brings SDL2 as the default backend on (almost) all platforms, a lovely re-write gamepad handling, a global pool of NPC definitions to share between any map, and more bugfixes than you can shake a modestly sized stick at! This release also celebrates the completion of Fenrir Lunaris's Vikings of Midgard

* https://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Downloads
* https://hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/whatsnew.txt
TMC
Metal King Slime

Re: OHRRPGCE stable release (Hróðvitnir)

Post by TMC »

You're probably wondering how to pronounce hróðvitnir! It's (at least in Icelandic, which is supposedly the closest to Old Norse) throw-da-vit-nish (listen; compare Mjöðvitnir), though maybe the t is more of a soft 'ch' sound.

You might also be wondering how to type it. I have my keyboard layout set to US International with AltGr dead key AND right-super as a compose key, so I can type ó three different ways!

Phew. Hróðvitnir is over 13 months late! Although mostly that was due to just not working on it, the big holdup was swapping to gfx_sdl2 and adding gamepad support. There were far more gfx_sdl2 bugs to iron out than expected, but it's a huge relief to no longer be stuck on SDL 1.2, which has been obsolete and unsupported for 14 years.
Bob the Hamster
Liquid Metal King Slime

And if anyone was wondering how I type hróðvitnir, I just copy-and-paste it from anywhere that TMC typed it! :D
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

* Deleting tilesets didn't delete default passability or animations, and
the tilesets reappeared, blanked out, when quitting & reloading [Ralph]
Oh man, am I glad to see this fixed. I've been using the tileset editor to make battle backdrops (it's the easiest way to do it when you're piecing them together from maptiles like I've done for... every game I've started on since 2008ish), and although that blank tileset on the end never caused any real issues it definitely got on my nerves.
FYS:AHS -- Finally starting on Yagziknian caves
Puckamon -- Not until the reserve party is expanded.[/size]
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

And I'm glad to hear someone cares about the small things too.
Of course, whenever I actually work on a game myself it's mainly minor things that I find annoying, but I suspect everyone has their own things which annoy them.
Bob the Hamster
Liquid Metal King Slime

I have also added the OHRRPGCE stable release to Itch.io here https://bob-the-hamster.itch.io/ohrrpgce