The Parson's Apprentice's Tale

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Uncommon
Metal Slime

The Parson's Apprentice's Tale

Post by Uncommon »

I was on some kind of Chaucer kick when the Human Day came along in 2001. So I sat down and wrote some dumb story, completely in couplets for some reason. A lot of them toward the beginning are out of rhythm, since I hadn't really set one at that point, and I really didn't know what I was doing. I also didn't know the meaning of the word subtlety, and I think the story suffers for it; well, the parts that don't suffer from being pretty retarded to begin with. The format is inexplicable, but still interesting. It was a start, but something I've done my best to expand upon in projects since.

All in all, this is an odd thing we've got here. The tiles are either rehashed from my newbie game or made by my little brother. The pictures were done by Melnazar.
Download

patale.zip (348.3KB; 543 downloads) the game

Reviews

No reviews. Be the first to review The Parson's Apprentice's Tale!

The coding for this battle was so horrible, I couldn't duplicate it if I tried.  The battle's also just there to distract the player from the fact they've just been cycling through textboxes the whole time.
The coding for this battle was so horrible, I couldn't duplicate it if I tried. The battle's also just there to distract the player from the fact they've just been cycling through textboxes the whole time.
parson.jpg (51.04 KiB) Viewed 2318 times