Preview--Heart of the OHR--Powerstick Man XE

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Preview--Heart of the OHR--Powerstick Man XE

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

To officially launch the Heart of the OHR Contest (2010), I thought I'd release another limited preview of The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition.

In this version, you can play all the way to the original version's ending, and still experience all of the new tricks, mods, and so forth. The original game is now 99% upgraded, so the experience will be much different than what you played back in the day (or recently if you tried out the Legendary Edition). Only a couple of areas remain mostly untouched, and none of the new endgame degrees or superhero ranks have been implemented yet. But other than that, this is entirely upgraded, so enjoy.

Keep in mind that this is in no way finished, and is probably still full of bugs. But it will give you a thorough idea of what to expect in the official release sometime this summer (hopefully).

Please be aware that this version is limited, and will only be online through the month of December. I will be taking it down on December 30, 2010--the 10th anniversary of the original version's release--and the demo itself will expire in March.

EDIT: Time's up. But I may reupload a newer preview soon, just because the one that was posted for the Heart of the OHR preview was buggy beyond reason, and I think anyone who previews the game should have a better experience than what was available at the time.

I will be keeping this entry open for the three official trailers, so keep checking back for new additions.

EDIT (7/31/2014):

Uploading all three available trailers in their purest forms. These are the no frames lost versions. They are large downloads, but you'll get the most out of them. All trailers are recorded in .WMV format.

Trailer #1: Released in 2008. Features old footage, but shows how the original game has evolved since 2000-2001. (Run time: 5:46)

Trailer #2: Released in 2009. Shows off three features that make random battles more tolerable or downright avoidable. (Run time: 5:51)

Trailer #3: Released in 2014. A Heart of the OHR tie-in (originally meant for the 2010 contest) that shows off the game in its most recent and flashiest form. This is the definitive Powerstick Man XE trailer. So large and over-the-top that it had to be broken into two parts. (Total Run time: 8:39 / Part One Run time: 6:04 / Part Two Run time: 2:35)

Note: It's best to drag and drop all the files into Windows Media Player as a playlist to get the full Powerstick Man Trailer experience.

Enjoy.
Download

powerstick man trailer (super speed).zip (52.82MB; 495 downloads) The clearest version of the original trailer. No frames lost, but takes longer to download.

powerstick man trailer 2 (super speed).zip (54.79MB; 494 downloads) The clearest version of the second trailer. No frames lost, but takes longer to download.

powerstick man trailer 3 (super speed).zip (87.1MB; 506 downloads) The third trailer for The Adventures of Powerstick Man: Extended Edition (in two parts). No clunky version available.

powerstick man trailer.zip (36.15MB; 663 downloads) The original recording of the first trailer. Fuzzy and a little choppy, but quicker to download.

powerstick man trailer 2.zip (35.89MB; 669 downloads) The original recording of the second trailer. Fuzzy and a little choppy, but quicker to download.

Reviews

No reviews. Be the first to review Preview--Heart of the OHR--Powerstick Man XE!

Last edited by Pepsi Ranger on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
Place Obligatory Signature Here