Stop

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Shadowiii
Slime Knight

Stop

Post by Shadowiii »

My supposed "epic" OHR game, part one of a trilogy. The game's design began way back, initially as somewhat of a parody of Rinku's &And game. However, the story evolved over time, until finally emerging as a three-part tale of time stopping, White and Shadow, and an angsty redhead known only as Infinity.

This is a short, roughly 30 minute demo. By demo, I should say "movie," since most of the file is a very long opening movie. There's a throwaway boss at the beginning, as well as one dungeon and one real boss.

The game has a few nifty features you may notice. One is if you walk in shadows (next to houses or ledges), you'll notice your NPC gets darker as it steps into the shade. Others include original music, some of the best maptiles I've drawn (I'm still proud of the indoors maptiles), and a plethora of NPC actions and emotions.

Other then that, there isn't much here. The game will not ever be worked on beyond this point. Sorry to disappoint.
Download

Stop.zip (1.39MB; 525 downloads) Stop v. 0.2, May 19, 2004

Reviews

Review by Meatballsub

Right before the last boss in the demo.
Right before the last boss in the demo.
stop.gif (22.82 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
More examples of NPC emotions.
More examples of NPC emotions.
pic1.gif (6.93 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Some part of the plot or something.
Some part of the plot or something.
pic2.gif (18.44 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Flashback. Wait, the whole GAME is a flashback. Whatever.
Flashback. Wait, the whole GAME is a flashback. Whatever.
pic3.gif (16.59 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
That is one fine looking indoors I tell you what.
That is one fine looking indoors I tell you what.
pic4.gif (10.76 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
An example of the tons of NPC emotions in Stop. Here, Joseph is hugging his daughter, April.
An example of the tons of NPC emotions in Stop. Here, Joseph is hugging his daughter, April.
pic5.gif (9.46 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Scripted battle. That enemy graphic is sweet.
Scripted battle. That enemy graphic is sweet.
pic6.gif (22.32 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
The story of Stop was actually Stop/April reliving her past memories while her true self was trapped at the End of Time. Save points are, as it says here, rifts in her memories where you can make a solid recollection.
The story of Stop was actually Stop/April reliving her past memories while her true self was trapped at the End of Time. Save points are, as it says here, rifts in her memories where you can make a solid recollection.
pic7.gif (20.42 KiB) Viewed 3174 times
Luigi is almost as sexy as me!