Fear Tactics

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Fear Tactics

Post by kylekrack »

[s]Here's a minimalist demo for what I've gotten done so far, because you guys deserve to see it.

This is for the Multicart Compilation.

Made using the latest stable build (callipygous) in case things aren't working right.[/s]

UPDATE: Feb. 28, 2017 - New features, including but not limited to: being considerably more playable.

UPDATE: Apr. 4, 2017 - A lot more going on. New name is Fear Tactics. The enemy AI is still totally minimal, and some enemies don't have stats yet, but the narrative is continued significantly. I'm uploading this so there's proof to the game's progress.

UPDATE: Aug. 9, 2017 - Implemented James' incredible A* pathfinding into the enemy AI, so they can actually navigate to the player-characters now. There is a battle sequence window when characters attack one another. The graphics are not complete and there may be some display bugs with the health bars, etc. Bear with me. I'll fix it in time. Mainly just trying to get it working enough to see it in concept. Looks like I'll be getting some more hands to work on the game with me, and I look forward to it.

UPDATE: Sept. 4, 2017 - The first dwimmercrafty release. A lot of tangible progress has been made since the last update. Pretty much all of the core game mechanics are implemented and (I think) bug-free. Combat has multiple weapon types and spells with varying damage strengths, accuracy, range, etc. I remapped all of the colors to Neo's palette instead of the NES palette it was in before, which makes it much easier on the eyes. The enemies have some strategy: they move towards the closest hero, and if there are multiple reachable heroes, they attack the one they can either kill or do the most damage to.
Download

feartactics.zip (3.31MB; 448 downloads)

Reviews

No reviews. Be the first to review Fear Tactics!

Last edited by kylekrack on Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife