OHR Screen Saver

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

OHR Screen Saver

Post by Gizmog »

We've all been there; working away on your latest masterpiece and nature calls. You read the paper, do your business, wash your hands and when you come back... DISASTER! Your monitor stayed on the same image for too long and blew up! Why does this happen? Is there any way you can stop it?

Well friends, you can now! I'm Gozer Gomez, and you might remember me from such PC Essentials as OHR Paint and OHR Typewriter. I've helped you make a living with my software and now I can help you protect your hardware. My program will generate an entertaining series of random images to keep your monitor from blowing itself up while you eat dinner, go to the bathroom, or even take a nap! Just open it up and go live your life; it's that easy!

Protect as much or as little of your screen as you want. Use default mode to protect an OHR sized section of your screen, perfect for any serious developer, or maximize the window and maximize your protection!

OHR Screen Saver: It isn't just a Screen Saver: It's a lifesaver!

GozerGomez not responsible for any monitor damages; real or imaginary

EDIT: Until further notice, consider this a repository of stupid plotscripting demos and tricks. Don't wanna spam the gamelist, but people've asked to see a few of 'em.
Download

firework3d.zip (1.36MB; 460 downloads) Firework 3D Demo effect. I don't know what to do to make it "feel" right.

Menu003.zip (1.62MB; 463 downloads) A "plain-jane" Menu as a kind of stop gap. Font still ripped from SMT. Multi-cart logo WIP. Menu 002 will be the Fireworks demo.

Menu001.zip (1.62MB; 538 downloads) Matrix-inspired demo for the Action 52 project main menu. Font stolen from SMT.

watereffect.zip (1.53MB; 446 downloads) Uses the sine function and clipped backdrops to create a rudimentary "heat wave" and/or watery ripple effect. Needs more tweaking.

tg3ddemo.zip (1.49MB; 492 downloads) As always, just so TMC and Trigonometry can enjoy the fruits of their labors

blackhole.zip (1.52MB; 489 downloads) Can Samus escape from the Black Hole? A screensaver that will keep you on the edge of your seat! (Don't get sucked in~!)

poisonivy.zip (1.49MB; 502 downloads) Personal test of lines and subscripts. Aka everything I needed to know about scripting I learned from Wikipedia

slicespeedtest.zip (1.48MB; 562 downloads) Creates 320x200 rectangle slices and cycles the palette in a pleasing manner. For TMC's reference

screensaver3.zip (1.38MB; 702 downloads) The third in the OHR Screensaver series... or was the second one OHR Typewriter 3's title screen? I forget! Either way it's far out, man

clowngame.zip (1.25MB; 594 downloads) Crude example of Maniac Mansion gameplay, currently in development. v0.1

tanktutorialv1.1.zip (1.29MB; 599 downloads) Stablest demonstration of shooty type gameplay, scripts included.

tanktutorialv1.1.5.zip (1.29MB; 636 downloads) Demonstration of shooty type gameplay. Scripts included for learning. v1.1 fixes some minor bugs from original version and adds guided shot mode

namegenerator.zip (1.32MB; 538 downloads) A really stupid project for Dungeons and Dragons type stuff, a random name generator. Choose a number between 1 and 999 and generate that many names!

stickysnow.zip (1.31MB; 596 downloads) Version 0.1 of a new design! Watch snowflakes fall and build into weird little piles. Uploaded by TMC's request, with scripts because of TMC's threats

screensaverv1.2.zip (1.32MB; 574 downloads) Now at v1.2! More stars! More depth!

screensaverv1.1.zip (1.32MB; 543 downloads) v1.1 out now! Twice the style and just as effective!

screensaver.zip (1.31MB; 545 downloads) Get saved today!

Reviews

No reviews. Be the first to review OHR Screen Saver!

Never see this again!
Never see this again!
Screen Saver0003.png (1.6 KiB) Viewed 3983 times
Last edited by Gizmog on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:36 am, edited 19 times in total.