Void Pyramid

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/dYpAcTfKyYw?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/dYpAcTfKyYw?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/TqcefivyH-E?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/TqcefivyH-E?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Last edited by Mogri on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Taco Bot is correct. The Linux packages will not run out of the box on all 64 bit Linux machines, but many people will already have the necessary 32 bit packages installed. I would just tell people that the packages are for 32 bit Linux, and link to http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Linux_Notes for more information.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Mogri:

I watched all the parts. Thank you for that impressive play through! Did you find all the treasures without using the FAQ? If so, I'm blown away. Nice work!

I felt so bad for you when you died and lost 1200 Deben.

Your idea about the Radars is good. I will create a prompt lefts you quickly use another if you want.

Khan-E is actually the digital version of my girlfriend Connie. She asked if I would put her in the game, so I made her exceptionally vain and cruel just for the hell of it. In real life, Connie is a very nice woman.

I'm pleased to say that I did not notice any major bugs. But I did spot a few typos. There also a handful of small tweaks I want to make.

I'm also thinking of giving the Radar and Warp items some other function so that they build up in people's inventories less. I haven't quite figured out what to do yet.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:Taco Bot is correct. The Linux packages will not run out of the box on all 64 bit Linux machines, but many people will already have the necessary 32 bit packages installed. I would just tell people that the packages are for 32 bit Linux, and link to http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Linux_Notes for more information.
Cool. That's kind of what I assumed as well.

In the "distribute" menu are twp Linux options. One is for a tarball. The other is for a .deb.

I understand that the .deb file is for Unbuntu. I also understand that a tarball is a file archive (like .zip). Is that .tar file archive also compatible with Unbuntu, or do Unbunto users need that .deb file. Likewise, which versions of Linux is the .tar file compatible with?

This is why I've never really messed with Linux distribution. I don't really understand it. I also do not have a way to test the distributed file once I've made it.

But tapping into the Linux player base does seem like a good idea.
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

Willy Elektrix wrote: Is that .tar file archive also compatible with Unbuntu, or do Unbunto users need that .deb file. Likewise, which versions of Linux is the .tar file compatible with?
Yeah, the tar file is compatible with pretty much all versions of Linux. As long as they can install the required libraries (which is on the Linux notes page, and Linux users can generally figure their own problems out ;) )

A .deb file is the equivalent of an installer on Windows. So think of that as the installer for Debian and Ubuntu. I'd probably just do the tarball and leave it at that.
Sent from my iPhone
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/n_nAeG-EzOg?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/n_nAeG-EzOg?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Willy Elektrix wrote:I watched all the parts. Thank you for that impressive play through! Did you find all the treasures without using the FAQ? If so, I'm blown away. Nice work!
The treasures in the first four parts I found on my own. This bonus video shows off the locations of the other treasures, which I mostly had to look up. One of them (the Pearl, I believe) wasn't in the FAQ, and I found that one myself.

About the 1200 Deben: I can't say I wasn't warned. If you wanted to make this slightly less punishing, you could have the curse expire when the player loses a certain total amount. I think it's fine as is, especially so close to the end of the game. At that point, an unlucky player can still mutate his way to victory.
Prime Pharaoh
Slime

Post by Prime Pharaoh »

Dear Wretched of the Earth:

Praise unto me!

My chrono-sages are meditating hard to produce a new version of the Void Pyramid computer simulation. It will arrive in your reality in a few short weeks. Be prepared for more unimaginable treasures and more soul-crushing bosses, plus other amazing and terrifying things.

In the mean time, how much longer are you fools going to sleep on Silver Spooning: Close Encounters with Mr. Right? I'm a god, and even I find it to be amusing and titillating.
Last edited by Prime Pharaoh on Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Void Pyramid is now on Steam Greenlight. Please vote for it if you feel so inclined!
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Gave it a vote. Best of luck to you!
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Voted.
vvight.wordpress.com
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Thanks for voting guys! Your support is appreciated!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

The OHR community has arrived on Greenlight in force to support Void Pyramid.

I love you guys! :D
Foxley
Metal Slime

Post by Foxley »

Willy Elektrix wrote:The OHR community has arrived on Greenlight in force to support Void Pyramid.

I love you guys! :D
We're not biased, we swear!

Seriously though, Void Pyramid is a quality game that I'd recommend to anyone who likes a challenge.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

What's this? A new boss!
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:What's this? A new boss!
Oh, hell yes.