Mr. Triangle's Adventure

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Wow, on reading that post I didn't immediately realise the implication that you'd finally finished this, so congrats! I admit that when reviewing the HotOHR games I skipped over this one knowing its length, though I was also put off knowing it was almost but not quite complete (the worst time to play a demo?)
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

Thanks dude!

Pepsi Ranger generously played through the entire game and it took him 36 hours roughly and he did 64 videos to cover it all. I kept wanting to put more stuff in it, but I know there's kind of the curse of the indie game designer where the longer you hold a game for more stuff, the more likely it'll get revamped like Vikings did (which was perfectly awesome in it's first stage) and then Fenrir lost the data. I just assumed get the game done and put it in a place I could walk away from it. I realize not many people will take the game seriously, but it does feel like a big accomplishment to finally finish a traditional RPG.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Holy crap!

I'm surprised that you're releasing it first on Android and Ouya first and then here "once it's debugged". Shouldn't it be the other way around? I think people here would be 10x more likely to actually report bugs they encounter... on the other hand you might 100x more people to play it over there.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I've had better success with people playing past the first 30 minutes to an hour on mobile than I have here.
FnrrfYgmSchnish
Metal Slime

Post by FnrrfYgmSchnish »

^ That actually doesn't surprise me too much. For all the claims that have been thrown around every now and then that "OHR people" are going to be more likely to give an OHR game a chance (and when/if they review it, be much less harsh about it) and people "outside" will probably play for 15 minutes and then give up (and when/if they review it, they'll bash the crap out of it), I've seen way more evidence that it tends to be the other way around... at least in recent years.
FYS:AHS -- Working on Yagziknian NPC walkabout sprites
Meatballsub
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Meatballsub »

I do plan on playing through this game once it is released on PC.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

It's absolutely easier to get more, and less jaded, feedback from Google Play and Ouya users. They're playing games because they actually want to. Sometimes their feedback is super dumb but it's way better than nothing. Amazon App store users don't say much. PC release is still really important though. The Steam Greenlight community is the most bitter group of dudes I've ever talked with, but they don't really represent average players.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I think there's probably a lot of questions we as developers think to answer in the games we make. Batman at least taught me the value of a FAQ for games and it was refreshing being able to send people there. Even watching Pepsi play the game, he would know why things happened a certain way or use a bit of OHR game logic, the kind the average player likely wouldn't have.

Meatball, the game will be released on PC when I get to the end of it on mobile and verify all bugs are in fact squashed.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Hmm, OK. Though I think a big part of the problem is that you can't rely on anyone here actually playing your game before the next year in review challenge. And unlike Google Play if there's no thread (or it's not linked from the game entry), the only way to leave a short comment is to send a PM. I've tried sending PMs in the past, but many new users never log-in again to read their PMs, so I'm not inclined to do so.
Last edited by TMC on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

TMC wrote:Hmm, OK. Though I think a big part of the problem is that you can't rely on anyone here actually playing your game before the next year in review challenge.
As someone who had a review written by someone who didn't even download the game and just made a lot of terrible Google jokes, you can't actually count on people doing the Review Challenge to play your game either.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Geez.
And I imagine Google Play probably doesn't let you comment until you've at least downloaded the game... I wouldn't know, never commented on anything.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

TMC wrote:And unlike Google Play if there's no thread (or it's not linked from the game entry), the only way to leave a short comment is to send a PM. I've tried sending PMs in the past, but many new users never log-in again to read their PMs, so I'm not inclined to do so.
I PM people whenever I play an OHR game. Although, I don't often play newbie games, contest games, or any OHR game. So in other words, I've probably only ever PM'ed Surlaw, Pepsi Ranger, Fnrrf, and Meatballsub.

In an unrelated note, I offered to have a pizza delivered to Phoenix's house when he won HotOHR last year. He never took me up on it! What is going on here?!
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

I've decided to go ahead and release the full game for PC.

Because of the way I altered a character since Heart of the OHR you will need to start a brand new save file. I don't think many people played more than an hour anyways, so I don't foresee this being the end of the world. If you did play to end of the demo, I do apologize. The change was to give Gary more attacks based on equipment later on, and I had to shuffle some spell-list stuff around.

http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgame.php?p=110453

Game is also officially out on OUYA today, just got the approval of that. You can get it on Amazon and Google Play too.
RMZ
King Slime

Post by RMZ »

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =784341930

I'm working on prepping Surfasaurus for Steam and already had all the elements to start on it for Mr. Triangle's Adventure. It's submitted to the Steam Greenlight.
guo
Metal Slime

Post by guo »

Liked & propped in the comments section. Good luck!
vvight.wordpress.com