Review - Pilgrimage

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Review - Pilgrimage

Post by Spoonweaver »

This is one of those games made for a terrible game contest. However, some of those turned out rather good so let's not hold it against this one.

To start off, the developer, SDHawk, has included several different versions of the game on the game's page. The different versions depict his progress in the game development process. This is a nice little hint of what's to come because as it turns out, this is a game about incomplete games.

The game starts off in a normal way. In fact, it's a super normal way. Everything in the game is super generic. I assume this is to relay the message that this game could be anyone's ohr game. Anyways, the end really shows off what makes this a game about incomplete games, but I won't spoil it I suppose.

So let's review the different aspects of this game.
First off, the music and graphics are both very generic. However, there are meant to be because of the game's message. So it makes it a bit hard to rate either of them. I guess you can say that even though the graphics are rather plain, and are in fact lacking a good deal they do function for what they are meant to.

Next, there's the effects. There are a couple effects in this game that are done fairly well. It starts with a pretty simple effect where the store's roof disappears when you end a house, and ends with a world stopping cutscene. Overall I think the effects where pretty nice.

The gameplay was rather boring. This was more of a sit back and watch type of game. This sorts of things can be fun, but their replay value is really low.

Finally is the story. I'd say this game has a very short and simple message. This story is about what happens to the game world when you don't finish your game. It's a decent message and I like the developer's attempt at an art game.

Overall, I think this game's worth a short play through if you're bored.
6/10
Attachments
Pilgrimage0004.png
Pilgrimage0004.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Pilgrimage0003.png
Pilgrimage0003.png (7.92 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Pilgrimage0002.png
Pilgrimage0002.png (8.81 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Pilgrimage0001.png
Pilgrimage0001.png (5.6 KiB) Viewed 1542 times
Pilgrimage0000.png
Pilgrimage0000.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 1543 times