2012 In Review - 006* Clam Digger

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

2012 In Review - 006* Clam Digger

Post by Gizmog »

Pre-Game Thoughts:
I remember thinking this was kind of bland. It's an alright joke game, I mean, when it comes to the Terrible Games Contest that's generally what you're gonna get. I just felt like it was straddling the line between "Real Game" and "Stupidity.". In hindsight, I'm wondering if that was really a problem. I also think Spoonweaver has updated the game a few times since the contest, which is just baffling to me. Still, it's definitely not a virus, so I'll review it while I wait to infect myself with the Hamburgerman virus.

Thoughts during game:

Intro pretty nice.

Hard to type this crap with a timer running down.

High score entry doesn't work the way you'd think it would.

Post-game Thoughts:
The work Spoonweaver's put in has definitely improved the product. Being able to see that there's only 5 more "little cars" left is great and does a lot to let you know you're not just being hoodwinked. I think I like the retro styling more now than I did the last time I played it. Running over animals and pedestrians is an old school gamer chuckle and it's still kind of fun. Driving around the parking lot is still boring as hell, which I guess is kind of the point. It's so random that a high score really isn't compelling and the game takes too long to be anything you'd ever want to replay without a little more depth. Maybe some kind of power-ups? I'd also complain that the high score entry doesn't work the way you'd think it would, and it's impossible to tell what the hell button it's trying to tell you to push. Take a look at my screenshot, and realize that you have to hit space one more time to ACTUALLY have that as your name. The name displayed on my high score list is "SE". It's better than it was before, but it's still pretty bad. I guess that's appropriate for a TGC Entry? I wouldn't suggest it to anyone, I wouldn't ever replay it, but I guess it wasn't the worst way to spend ten minutes?

...HOW THE slime DOES HAMBURGERMAN STILL HAVE 20 MEGS TO GO?!
Attachments
Oh no, not the beach!
Oh no, not the beach!
Clam Digger0000.png (1.69 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
It's like Willy Electrix has an evil twin
It's like Willy Electrix has an evil twin
Clam Digger0007.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 1796 times
This *was* my favorite moment... till I looked at my high score list and saw SE!
This *was* my favorite moment... till I looked at my high score list and saw SE!
Clam Digger0013.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 1796 times