2011 In Review 27: The HangovOHR

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Gizmog
Metal King Slime

2011 In Review 27: The HangovOHR

Post by Gizmog »

"The HangovOHR" wins the 2011 award for most shoehorned use of the OHR Acronym. Skullduggery Studios described it as "An epic OHR movie that will be completed sometime in the future... probably" and there's nothing in the movie to suggest otherwise. Too bad there isn't much in the movie at all. I haven't seen "The Hangover" but I assume Skullduggery Studio's version starts where the actual film does, with an engaged woman demanding to the Best Man that he not kill her soon-to-be husband at the bachelor party. He apparently takes her advice to heart because he doesn't even leave the church. The demo is over.

Not much to complain about visually. A dude walks back and forth, answers his phone, good enough animation on that. There's a lot of dots on the church floor which make you see patterns and stuff that aren't there. No music or sound effects. It's an okay setup to a story, I would've liked to see where it was going.

Basically, there's nothing wrong with this. It's just too short to have anything going for it either. I guess the moral of the story is, if you've only got enough time to make 30 seconds of movie, skip to the drunken fratboy shenanigans and leave the angry fiancee at home. I do hope that it gets finished or at least continued, because there are some graphical chops on display. Don't bother with it until then.

Score: 1/10
2011 Score (Per June 20th): 66/100

Part of Gomey's 2011 Year In Review
Previous Next
Attachments
The HangovOHR0003.png
The HangovOHR0003.png (5.82 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
Last edited by Gizmog on Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.