Village People the Video Game - Review & Video First Impress

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Village People the Video Game - Review & Video First Imp

Post by Bob the Hamster »

I enjoyed <a href="http://www.slimesalad.com/forum/viewgam ... 4">Village People the Video Game</a> so much that most of this first impression is just me enthusiastically reading the text boxes and then mumbling about how cool it is :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KeC0GzDldiA&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KeC0GzDldiA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This game has style, plain and simple. The graphics are great, the dialogue is funny, and the music is cooool. Well, I guess Surlaw can't rightly take credit for the music, now can he? Generally non-permissioned music is frowned upon, but this is a "Band Fan Game", so how could it possibly be any other way? I think the REAL Village People would be proud to have their music (and personas) honored in this way.

I know I am not the first to say this, but I am really looking forward to the continuation of this game.

I should also mention that the wide variety of things you can look at and explore around give this game a nice feeling of depth even in its current limited-demo state.

So thank for this game, and keep up the good work! And thanks also to <a href="http://www.officialvillagepeople.com/">
Victor Willis, Alex Briley, David Hodo, Glenn Hughes, Randy Jones, Felipe Rose, G. Jeff Olson, Eric Anzalone, Ray Simpson, David "Scar" Hodo and all the other Village People</a>
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

This made my day. The reaction to the Disco Ball was the best part.

Also for anyone just watching the video that hasn't played the game, there's a complete dungeon/boss/bro rescue mission accessible through the northwest corner of the city.
Last edited by The Wobbler on Thu May 07, 2009 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Just a note: Some copyright thugs sent a DMCA takedown notice to Youtube about this video. Youtube claims that the video has been deleted already. it still works here right now, but that might be temporary. I don't know if it will disappear soon or what :(
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Wobbler
A Scrambled Egg

Post by The Wobbler »

What the hell? What's the complaint? If it's the use of their music, then, uh, 99% of Youtube videos can be taken down for the same reason.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Surlaw wrote:What the hell? What's the complaint? If it's the use of their music, then, uh, 99% of Youtube videos can be taken down for the same reason.
I get the feeling that the takedown notice came from some random company with an audio-recognition program, and not from the actual copyright holders of the village people's music. They probably randomly spam DMCA notices to any video their software matches... Just a guess :(
Last edited by Bob the Hamster on Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

8bifit
Slime Knight
Location: In the thoughts and dreams of all the world's children.

Post by 8bifit »

Probably friends of that do-gooder Police Chief.