Heart of the OHR Contest 2012

Make games! Discuss those games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Urgh. Well I'm going to have to think of a new request...
I literally have nothing else to request, so I may be awhile.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Wow, people have been requesting far more ambitious things than last time...
The Wobbler wrote:I still want to be able to edit the values of a palette from within Custom even if people told me I was crazy for wanting that before.
Like this one! Just joking. Actually I heard the same request from Giz recently; it's not really unreasonable, just the sort of thing that's really low priority until someone comes along and demands the feature or a refund.
FnrrfYgmSchnish wrote:For my bugfix/feature request... fixing bug 743 (if an equipped item makes one of your stats hit a stat cap, unequipping it doesn't work right and may even drop your stat to 0 or worse, negative) would be nice.
You're in luck, that was on my TODO list for the next release. Lalalala can't hear you, not changing your request lalala
mjohnson092088 wrote:I already made this request earlier. Just saying that you might want to think of another one.
But you also said that you probably wouldn't enter! Are your chances looking better now? In that case it makes sense for someone else to request it. (and I think it's a glaring omission from the battle system and a good request)

Hmm, James is being pretty slow about updating the requests page. Understandable given the amount he is going to owe.

(Was there a problem with the Plan for bigger walkabouts request?)
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

I'd like to change my requests, as they were mostly jokes before. I'm requesting 2 updates/bugfixes because I plan to enter 2 games into Heart of the Official Hamster Republic 2: Dinosaurs And Mega Nazis. I didn't read too far into the rules, so if it's 1 request per person and not per entry then please ignore the last request.

First, I would like to second the request for TRUE turned based battles.

Second, I'd like a built in taunting system, which could either boil down to something similiar to the stored target option on attacks only the option for taunting could be set only by allies and would effect anything with the taunted target attack option. I've tried to reproduce this with the current system, but it's very clunky and prone to act up.

Third, in case I win with one of my entries, I'd like the option to remove the item option from the battle menu. Whether it be per character or for the whole game.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msw188
Metal Slime

Post by msw188 »

Haha, I think your Third is what I requested back in the first Heart, and it earned me like $10 or something like that. But yeah, I would still very much appreciate this seemingly simple 'feature'.
I am Srime
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

I still need a graphics guy, so what I'm doing on the game right now is mostly writing...

Edit: Also, James, my request is something like hero portraits but for items.
Last edited by Ichiro on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mystic
Metal Slime

Post by Mystic »

Work on Skyfall has been going slowly, and at this point, without being able to see too far into the future, what I want to release might not be done by that time. Might be a little disappointing for some, but that is life.

HOWEVER

I'd really like to help support the contest so I'm offering up to $20 for games released for HotOHR2.

I have 4 categories in mind (that I'm going to keep hidden!) that I will be rating, and each game that is the top in each category will win its designer $5. The same game can win multiple times, but each category is very distinct, so it's not very likely. In addition, I'll be writing "reviews" detailing why I picked each game for what I did, and why other games may have been picked but weren't.

I know it's not a lot, but it's what I've got. And maybe it'll make the contest all the more sweet.

Finally, I'd like to say that I'm really certain about my pick for the feature request. While working I keep seeing need for it!
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

roboman
Red Slime

Post by roboman »

I like it... But what is this? Is it your entry? Or is it a joke? Anyway, why are you guys all so surreal here? I don't want to hurt you, I am just curious.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

That's a really dismissive and unhelpful response to someone who is not only obviously new as evidenced by his join date, but also not a native English speaker.

Roboman, it is my entry and not a joke.
Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

The penguin on the left is super adorable!
Ichiro
Slime Knight

Post by Ichiro »

Am I putting the horse behind the cart by doing something like this?

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/emiki-the-warrior
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

also not a native English speaker.
Oh...I don't usually check to see where people are from.
And what does that have to do with anything...? I wasn't criticizing his grammar.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Ichiro wrote:Am I putting the horse behind the cart by doing something like this?

http://pdfcast.org/pdf/emiki-the-warrior

If anything, I'd say it works as incentive for you to finish your game. Not a bad idea actually.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Are we really ALL surreal?