Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Ankh: Found in Worship Chamber (1, 9)
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Now is a good to time to post that Void Pyramid has an FAQ at GameFAQs.

The question about the Ankh happens to already be in that FAQ.

EDIT: Reading through that FAQ just made me realize that the coordinates given by the Augury Terminals in the game might be reversed. X (horizontal) should come first. I may have screwed this up! I'll fix it in the next version.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Thu May 05, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Version 1.3 is out on PC and Mac. Android version is forthcoming.

*Brand new icon featuring the Serpopard.
*Added many new sound effects.
*Added an additional ending screen that totals the player's deaths.
*Added an additional ending screen based on hours of play time.
*Main menu now has an option to enter full screen mode.
*Added Shield item.
*Mutant now has his own attack animation.
*Mutation Tomb is slightly more likely to be beneficial.
*Fixed incorrect coordinates on Augury Terminals.
*Corrected grammatical and typographical errors.
*Many small tweaks to gameplay.
*Fixed bug related to the final exit door from the pyramid.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Void Pyramid: let's play it.

I played Void Pyramid finally! It's really good! You probably knew that!

I have documented my discovery of all 42 treasures through the course of the game. The video series will be released at a rate of one per day, so make sure to Like, Comment, Subscribe. Or just check this thread in a few days.

Willy, I'm not going to take money for playing your awesome game, but if you want to pay me back in kind, I'm working on a game for IntroComp that could use a few more eyes. (Anyone else is also welcome to give it a test-run if you're interested.)
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/Pfm0QjD5v_M?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/Pfm0QjD5v_M?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/WZUpeVEOt1s?hl=en_US& ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/WZUpeVEOt1s?hl=en_US&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Thanks for doing this Mogri! I will begin watching the videos tomorrow. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

The contest sounds interesting. I would be happy to test your game and provide feedback. I do not currently have a way to record video though (I'm so sorry that I cannot repay your favor). But I will find a satisfactory way to thoroughly document my playing another way. How shall I get the game from you?
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mogri
Super Slime

Post by Mogri »

Good news! It's interactive fiction -- you can send me a transcript. I'll PM you instructions.
Pepsi Ranger
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Pepsi Ranger »

Willy Elektrix wrote:The contest sounds interesting. I would be happy to test your game and provide feedback. I do not currently have a way to record video though (I'm so sorry that I cannot repay your favor). But I will find a satisfactory way to thoroughly document my playing another way. How shall I get the game from you?
I might be able and willing to record a playthrough on your behalf as thanks for making an awesome game (and because Mogri could probably stand real-time feedback on top of any written feedback).

EDIT: Actually, if it's for a contest, it may or may not be appropriate to record it. BUT, I'm still willing to check it out. I like interactive fiction and I'd be happy to support it.
Last edited by Pepsi Ranger on Fri Jun 24, 2016 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Place Obligatory Signature Here
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

Well I opened up Game Jolt today, and what do I see?

http://imgur.com/BSs0BfA.png

Void Pyramid on the front page! All big n' beautiful!
Sent from my iPhone
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

Taco Bot wrote:Well I opened up Game Jolt today, and what do I see?

http://imgur.com/BSs0BfA.png

Void Pyramid on the front page! All big n' beautiful!
I'm so happy people are finally playing this game. :D
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Wow. Very nice.
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Neat. Though it doesn't mention that the game is also available for Linux and Android.
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I've never actually packaged a Linux version of Void Pyramid. I guess I'll mess with that tonight.

I should definitely mention the Android version too.

I will fix that now.

EDIT: I believe Distributed OHRRPGCE games run in 64-bit versions of Windows and Mac OSX. Do they run in 64-bit Linux versions?

I've never used Linux, so please forgive my ignorance.
Last edited by Willy Elektrix on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

The ohr is only available for 32 bit linux (or course, you can just install 32 bit libs on a 64 bit system), so I'd assume the packaged games are 32 bit as well. Just mention the dependencies from the wiki, I guess.
Sent from my iPhone
Willy Elektrix
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by Willy Elektrix »

I watched episode 1 of Mogri's playthrough. I'll watch more later tonight. Every time I watch a playthrough, I see a bunch of little things that I think might be nice to add or change. I've been building a nice list. A new version of Void Pyramid is inevitable.

Mogri: Thanks for doing this! You're a really nice (and articulate) guy. I laughed really hard when you thought that the scorpion was cute. I always thought he looked kind of fierce, but now I can't unsee how cute he really is.