Menu Issue

Ask and answer questions about making games and related topics. Unrelated topics go in that other forum.

Moderators: marionline, SDHawk

TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Menu Issue

Post by TabletopTimeTurner »

Hey gang, I was looking into the menus the other day to try and remove the order and save buttons and while they are technically not on the menu or selectable, it still acts like they're there though and i noticed that other games seem to have this problem. Is there a way to fix this or is it just a normal thing?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 2.38.08 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 2.38.08 PM.png (17.88 KiB) Viewed 620 times
Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Post by Taco Bot »

Hmm... that's really odd. I tried this on both Callipygous+1 and a recent experimental, but I couldn't reproduce it. What editor version are you using?
Sent from my iPhone
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

Possible explanation: Did you just set the menu items to be blank captions? Because if you want the menu to shrink you have to actually delete the slots (hit the delete key when selecting the item in the menu editor).
Sent from my iPhone
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

If your keyboard doesn't have a designated delete key, there should be an equivalent keystroke. For example, on Mac, fn+delete acts as the delete key instead of backspace.

You might know this already, but I thought it'd be worth throwing out there. I struggled with it at one point.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife
TabletopTimeTurner
Red Slime

Post by TabletopTimeTurner »

Taco Bot wrote:Possible explanation: Did you just set the menu items to be blank captions? Because if you want the menu to shrink you have to actually delete the slots (hit the delete key when selecting the item in the menu editor).
oh my god thank you so much haha. I always get really nervous about asking all these questions since alot of people on here seem a lot more experienced so i worry ill ask something stupid but you guys are really nice. also to answer you're question from earlier i use Callipygous+1.
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

TabletopTimeTurner wrote:I always get really nervous about asking all these questions since alot of people on here seem a lot more experienced so i worry ill ask something stupid but you guys are really nice.
Haha, don't worry about it! There's no such thing as a stupid question. :)
Sent from my iPhone
TMC
Metal King Slime

Post by TMC »

Yeah, just stupid user interfaces :/

So some Macs don't have Delete keys? Is that just laptops? I've only noticed the missing Insert on my Mac at uni (and I can't remember what the Fn+something combination for Insert is anyway, because I don't use it often).
Last edited by TMC on Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kylekrack
Liquid Metal Slime

Post by kylekrack »

MacBooks, yes. Many Apple bluetooth keyboards also end at the arrow keys.
My pronouns are they/them
Ps. I love my wife