Castle Amber: A D&D Adventure

Talk about things that are not making games here. But you should also make games!

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"Handshakes? Come on Kalar, we're past that." Gontort reaches out and gives Kalar a big hug. It was hard to see why Gontort would think they were at the hugging part of some sort of friendship considering how little they had talked before.
Attachments
Big_Dwarf_Axe_by_Zero_Optix.jpg
Big_Dwarf_Axe_by_Zero_Optix.jpg (379.46 KiB) Viewed 1190 times
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kalar is taken aback by the sudden show of affection, but decides to roll with it and use it to his advantage.

He hugs the dwarf right back, patting him on the back. "It is so good to see you again Gontort, my friend. I feared that I would never see you again. How are you? Any injuries? Do you need any aid? Food perhaps? Just ask."
Last edited by BMR on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Being from the third world, I reserve the right to speak in the third person.

Using Editor version wip 20170527 gfx_sdl+fb music_sdl
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

"Hurt? No. I just had the weirdest dream, about monkey people. Sounds like you had some weird dreams too. Anyways, let's go, I don't know how you guys can stand the smell coming from that thing over there."

Until Gontort had mentioned it, no one had really noticed how bad the monster smelled.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

Kalar looks at the creature. "Good point."

He leads the way back to the intersection and then points towards the tile room.

"Lynda and I need to get over there, Gontort. Galse, Tammy, and Thistlewhistle are back there" he says gesturing to the main room. "They're tending to Thistlewhistle right now, who's been affected by a trap. I would appreciate it if you accompanied us past those tiles, there are people there I would talk to. They might have information about lifting this curse off myself and Lynda."

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Kalar leads Gontort over to the tile room in a hurry, with Lynda following behind. He shows Gontort to avoid the tiles with letters on them, and he does. They reach the cells and find the painter has added runes to the painting on the wall. Lynda and Kalar find these runes very nice. They both walk into the painter's cell, sit on the ground and look at them.

Next thing they both know, the painting has been splashed over with paint and the painter's head has been clever in half. Gontort looks at them with concern.

"Did that fix you?" As they look at him he sighs with relief. "The painter seemed to have bewitched you so I chopped him in the head. But you were still sitting there so I thought it might be the painting. Seems I was right. I wonder why it didn't work on me."

Rachelle and Galse look at the scene from across the tiled room. They had thought about doing something but it all happened so fast.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Rachelle gasps in horror - not just at the painter's head being cleaved in two, but also at the senseless act of vandalism that had been committed. Biting her lip, she decids not to act on this atrocity.

Instead, she slowly backs out of the tile room, venturing into the room with the warforged. She'd like to think there was a chance of these four not being out for blood, but leaves the door to the corridor wide open in case she needs to make a run for it.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

The warforged draw weapons and approach Rachelle.
Feenicks
Metal Slime

Post by Feenicks »

Rachelle bolts back to the door, slamming it shut as she exits the room. She runs across the safe parts of the tile room, towards the prison.

"Gontort, it seems we need you for something."
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Gontort salutes dutiful at Rachelle. He follows her lead.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

The painting is absolutely majestic. Kalar takes in the sweeping brush strokes, the vivid colors, the fine play of light an shadow, the juxtaposition of--blood and broken bits of skull everywhere!

Kalar suddenly snaps out of it, looking around in bewilderment. He shakes his head, trying to clear the confusion and regain his focus.

He hears Rachelle's shout. Blast it all, this was the last thing he needed...

He takes his war pick out from the loop on his belt and readies himself for whatever threat Rachelle provoked.

Bob the Hamster
Lord of the Slimes

Post by Bob the Hamster »

Tammytharn sits on the table next to Thistlewhistle. She can still hear noises and voices from the others, but has no idea what they are doing, or why it is taking so long.

She takes a long slow sniff of the scent of food from Galse's pack. She doesn't know him that well, but he seemed to take that food quite seriously, so she decides it is probably best not to eat any of it without his permission. Instead she rummages in the Bag of Holding inside her own pack, and breaks off a tiny corner of a ration to nibble on while she waits.

Then she takes out the last page of her manuscript, re-reads it, then gets out some fresh parchment and continues writing her latest essay about Raoan practical ethics, with notes on the perspective given by recent events.
Master K
King Slime

Post by Master K »

Lynda adored the sight of the painting. She felt all her cares and worries cease...the gentle caress of the moons rays to the sky, the cool hues of indigo in the nights sky, the realism of the piece, the sheer magnificence of blood and gore that was being splattered onto the floor...wait.

Lynda awoke from her haze to see the artist cleaved in half at the head, and the magnificent piece of art splattered and ruined beyond repair.

Lynda decides to ready her bow to deal with whatever has Rachelle in a fuss.
Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Rachelle pointed Gontort towards the door. He looked in to see the warforged readying their weapons again.
"Ah, a fight, eh? You know me too well," Gontort says. Then he gives Rachelle a wink as he enters the room, closing the door behind himself.
Sounds of fighting can be heard coming from inside the room.
Last edited by Spoonweaver on Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BMR
Metal King Slime

Post by BMR »

"Ach, blast the fool..."

With no other option, and not wanting to lose a potential asset, Kalar makes his way to the room, war pick at the ready.

"Come on, lads, nothing for it now. We'll have to pull his hide out if they overwhelm him."

Spoonweaver
Liquid Metal King Slime

Post by Spoonweaver »

Kalar opens the door.
After only having been in the room a handful of seconds, Gontort has already been injured a few times and a spear is sticking out of his back. On a positive note, one of the warforged lays inactive on the ground. Gontort slices into one of the warforged, leaving a huge gash in it's chest. It continues to attack though.