Review of JDESFFQOSTAFTM Demo

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Taco Bot
Meat, Cheese, and Silicon

Review of JDESFFQOSTAFTM Demo

Post by Taco Bot »

Well, let's see. Since this game is unfinished, this is going to be a little hard...

Graphics: 8/10
The graphics look pretty darn great. I can tell that you spent at least a decent amount of time on them.

Gameplay: 7/10
The battles are a little bit slow...

Story: 10/10
Holy Skywalker, this is awesome!

Length: ???
Okay, since this is a demo, it wouldn't be fair to rate here.

Total: 8/10

Keep up the good work!
Sent from my iPhone
JimLuc T Kirkard
Red Slime

Post by JimLuc T Kirkard »

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I should be uploading a new demo soon. Which battles were too slow? Was it the green mold in the house, or the tweakers in the woods? The green mold was put there with a ridiculous amount of XP so I could test out the leveling up. I've added more to the story and should be updating soon. I'm almost ready to start on the world outside of the town, the dialogue officially calls for it. I also added armor and a new healing item to the store, but the healing item only appears after you talk to the new character.
Care to help me out by giving me advice on my game? Get the early demo by clicking here
Demo updated 8/13/2014
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

JimLuc T Kirkard wrote:Thanks man, I really appreciate it.
You're welcome. :)
I should be uploading a new demo soon. Which battles were too slow? Was it the green mold in the house, or the tweakers in the woods? The green mold was put there with a ridiculous amount of XP so I could test out the leveling up. I've added more to the story and should be updating soon. I'm almost ready to start on the world outside of the town, the dialogue officially calls for it. I also added armor and a new healing item to the store, but the healing item only appears after you talk to the new character.
Tahw? All this new stuff. I must've downloaded the old version... :zombie: Anyways, I meant that the battle with the drones was a little... snaily. I can't wait until the next update! :)
Sent from my iPhone
JimLuc T Kirkard
Red Slime

Taco Bot wrote:
JimLuc T Kirkard wrote:Thanks man, I really appreciate it.
You're welcome. :)
I should be uploading a new demo soon. Which battles were too slow? Was it the green mold in the house, or the tweakers in the woods? The green mold was put there with a ridiculous amount of XP so I could test out the leveling up. I've added more to the story and should be updating soon. I'm almost ready to start on the world outside of the town, the dialogue officially calls for it. I also added armor and a new healing item to the store, but the healing item only appears after you talk to the new character.
Tahw? All this new stuff. I must've downloaded the old version... :zombie: Anyways, I meant that the battle with the drones was a little... snaily. I can't wait until the next update! :)
I'll see about lowering their HP and raising their attack a little. I'm wanting to make it where battles are as difficult as possible. Was there a wizard? If you did mini-quests for the wizard, then you have the latest uploaded one.
Care to help me out by giving me advice on my game? Get the early demo by clicking here
Demo updated 8/13/2014
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

JimLuc T Kirkard wrote:Was there a wizard? If you did mini-quests for the wizard, then you have the latest uploaded one.
Yeah. Getting the shrooms and stuff. But then he said it was the end of the demo, and I was all "Ohakayden."
Sent from my iPhone
JimLuc T Kirkard
Red Slime

Taco Bot wrote:
JimLuc T Kirkard wrote:Was there a wizard? If you did mini-quests for the wizard, then you have the latest uploaded one.
Yeah. Getting the shrooms and stuff. But then he said it was the end of the demo, and I was all "Ohakayden."
After getting hooked on Metal Gear Solid and beating all 4 of them, I finally got around to updating the game, lol. I tweaked the Drone battle a bit as per your suggestion, and the gameplay is approximately doubled.
Demo updated 8/13/2014
Taco Bot

Post by Taco Bot »

JimLuc T Kirkard wrote:After getting hooked on Metal Gear Solid and beating all 4 of them, I finally got around to updating the game, lol. I tweaked the Drone battle a bit as per your suggestion, and the gameplay is approximately doubled.
Awesome! I'll make some edits to my review soon. Oh, and Metal Gear is amazing.
Last edited by Taco Bot on Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sent from my iPhone