Brute's 2012 In-Review: The Towers Of Love and Energy!

Write and read reviews of games that have been uploaded to Slime Salad.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

MrBrutehater
Slime

Brute's 2012 In-Review: The Towers Of Love and Energy!

Post by MrBrutehater »

So...This...game...was something...Oogh...What a game to get for my second review...Oh well, Let's get on with it!

Disclaimer: While this game was made in three hours, I'm not going to cut it any slack whats so ever. It's still a game that needs to be criticized irregardless of time it took to create. I just want that to be known now.

Anyways, on to the meat of the review!

-----------------------------------GAME PLAY--------------------------------
Game play of this game is pretty...okay. It's the normal RPG Stuff, attack, magic, and items. I basically ONLY used magic in the entire game. The only time i used attack was by accident, and i only needed to use an item one instance in the game, and it was while getting to the first boss. The main character kinda sucks though, I spent the majority of the time in this game just grinding. The game follows a sort of pattern, at least from what I have played: You go into one of the two dungeons, you grind, you get any equipment you need, and you go fight the boss. Rinse and Repeat for both dungeons. It wasn't amazing, but it worked...okay. It was kinda boring at first, and the grinding got on my nerves until after I beat the first boss, but it made for a good thirty minute distraction I guess. Oh yeah, the game's really short. I beat it in the stream, and it took me thirty-five minutes. Talk about short, i mean, it's the perfect length for this game with the quality of game it is. The only weapons and armor you get are the average RPG stuff, Knife, sword, helm, armor blah blah blah not fun or interesting names at all.

-------------------------------------STORY----------------------------------
...Spoilers...I guess...

Okay look, I don't really know the story of this game. It made very little sense to me. It just kinda...started. I just kinda went through the dungeon unsure of what was going on. The only direction I got was i needed to get through both the Tower of Love and energy, after beating each one you fit some weird-o final boss that really confused the crap out of me. He goes from speaking some-what normal (though I did catch a few weird spelling errors) to suddenly going to internet speak...I just didn't get it. I may be missing something here, but...I didn't get it, or like it really. Also, the main characters name is Main character. i dunno if you can change it or not, but man that's just kinda lame for a name.

------------------------------MUSIC AND GRAPHICS-------------------------
Oh goodness the graphics in this game.... *Sigh* The character design for anything humanoid is just awful...their necks are like twigs, I feel like one bad step and that neck is just in half. Everything not humanoid looked just fine, I guess. The only humanoid enemies that looked okay were the ones that didn't have necks! The first boss looked really just...off. I couldn't tell what it was, and when I found out what it was...I didn't see it. The second boss was just kinda a recycle of previous enemies with some changed stats and a slight design change...maybe, I didn't pay attention to it too much. The final boss looked pretty bad too me, but that final boss is just lame all around. The level pallets...oh my, those were really bad too. One was just a bright pink that gave me a head-ache, and the other was some mostly boring grey and sometimes checker-boarded tiles that were just really boring...
Oh and, lemme just say, that title screen? A little Lame, I'll be honest...

As for the music, this one will be a short post: Most of it was ear-ache worthy. So much so, i listened to a few other things to give myself a break. The only song I liked was the boss theme, which was just a version of the boss theme from Persona 4 (My favorite game of all time) so I could jam out to that. All of it sounded similar to me, but the only one I could place my finger on exactly was the Persona 4 Boss theme. Long story short, most of the music wasn't very good.

---------------------------------In Conclusion!-----------------------------
This game...it wasn't Good...but...it wasn't the worst thing I've played ever...It was just a good distraction for half an hour, and nothing more or less. I would not suggest playing it for any other reason than...just to play something at all...so, really, I'd say avoid it. If I had to give it a score, I'd give it a C-, a 4.9/10, or Floating Cat Head out of Feet. On a bright side though, I do have a feeling this person really could make a decent game if they put enough time into it! :)

Here's the link for the stream if you want to watch: http://www.twitch.tv/mrbrutehater/b/461338403

The Youtube video will be up soon!

Thanks for reading, Sorry this one was a tad bit short, the game didn't give me much more to work with than this![/img]
Last edited by MrBrutehater on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.