THE FLY (retro)

Upload your games here. Download other people's games here.

Moderators: Bob the Hamster, marionline, SDHawk

Urkelbot666
Slime Knight

THE FLY (retro)

Post by Urkelbot666 »

EDIT: 1/24/15 - Scoring issue should be fixed now, in newly uploaded version of the game! If you downloaded it, and it gave you problems, I'd love if you gave it another shot now. I forgot about the limits of Custom, and played through without going for a high score, so I didn't realize what was causing the issue. Hopefully it is all better now.
=======================================

I've worked up a retro style game based (very loosely) on the 1986 David Cronenberg film The Fly. This game attempts to emulate the feel of older 1980s video computer systems, most notably the Atari 2600.

This is a short game with a few increasing difficulty modes, and an "ending." but the main goal is pretty much a high score.

To start the game, when the Title Screen says "Hold Reset" the player must hold the "R" key to initiate gameplay. I included this tip as it is the sort of thing I would not be able to figure out, and end up cursing at my screen.

Included with this Game is a mock up game manual for additional info, and (moreso) for entertainment purposes.

This is the first version of the game, and ideally will be updated. There is a Shooting gallery style "Mode B" currently in the works, and hopefully, very near completion. Any info on bugs, or glitches are appreciated :)

There's a bit of excess data in the RPG, as I'm writing this game into a short fiction story I'm working on, but I doubt anyone will stumble across it while playing, and I hope this is the case as it would screw up your game session!

For the Ultimate Atari experience, play late at night with no lights on!
Hope some folks get a kick out of this :)
Download
Reviews

The Fly - Gomie vs 2015 by Gizmog

thefly2600v012.rar
(3.79 MiB) Downloaded 590 times
Last edited by Urkelbot666 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.